SAIC is hiring a System Administrator Intermediate - Enterprise Auth & Directory Services to support the Army National Guard Enterprise Operations team based in Cary, NC.
Note: This role offers temporary work from home / remote / virtual work due to COVID-19. Eventually the work will go back on site 100% in Cary, NC once the COVID-19 threat has passed.
- We have a career opening for a System Administrator in Cary, North Carolina.
- The job of the System Administrator is installing, operating, and maintaining physical/virtual operating system workstations and servers in support of business processing requirements.
- Perform user account management.
- Installs, upgrades, and patches operating systems and complex software packages.
- Schedules installations and upgrades in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Conduct routine hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Must be a self-starter; capable of working independently, under limited direction, and in team environments.
- The successful candidate must be able to do the following:
- Create, execute and report on testing and implementation plans.
- Perform Active Directory object management
- Install, operate and maintain ARNG directory services (i.e., Active Directory (AD)) for the ARNG Domain
- Maintain AD structure (Enterprise policies, user, and computer groups)
- Maintain ARNG AD Forest Root and administrative domains along with State, Territory, and NGB NCR NEC level AD structures
- Create, execute and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for Enterprise Services
- Excellent communication skills
- Capable of resolving complex issues
- Strong troubleshoot and debugging skills
- Capable of multi-tasking
- Must be a self-starter; capable of working independently, under limited direction, and in team environments
- High School Diploma and 7+ years of related experience; OR Bachelor's degree and 3+ years of related experience, or 5+ years as a Systems Administrator (Microsoft); OR Masters degree and 1+ years of related experience
- Experience configuring and maintaining Windows Operating System platforms
- Level II DoD 8570 certifications: Security+ CE, or other
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and have the ability to obtain a SECRET security clearance
- Must be able to obtain ITIL Foundation Certification (obtain within 60 days of hire)
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.