If you are a motivated Survey Technician pursuing professional licensing, please read on!
NOTE: Additional opportunities are also available for individuals with their PLS.
Top Reasons to Work with Us
- This is an incredible opportunity for you to work with a laid back fun-loving group of people. We believe in work/life balance which is why we offer flexible hours and a paid ski pass for all employees. Our ability to provide a full range of services in Civil Engineering, Land Surveying, and Planning offers our clients project continuity and cost savings. We are willing to relocate candidates who share our enthusiasm for the great outdoors. Come join our team!
This position will be primarily office-based in support of our field team. Tasks will include (but are not limited to):
- Performing all land surveying related computation/calculation
- Producing site plans and utility layouts with minimal supervision from Designer
- Developing detailed survey drawings (boundary, topographical, ALTA) with AutoCAD/Civil 3D
- Performing quantity take-offs and assisting with proposal preparation
- Generating reports (volume surface calculations, mapcheck, etc.)
- Interacting daily with field personnel to acquire notes/data and monitor progress
- Assisting with applications to divide property (plats, minor subdivisions, lot reconfigurations)
- Engaging with clients to schedule survey crews
- Boundary staking
2+ years of relevant survey related experience and:
- Proficiency with CAD and Civil 3D
- Thorough understanding of Civil Engineering principles
- Experience with relevant software platforms (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe, etc.)
- Experience with boundary staking
- Ability to produce accurate client proposals/track project progress
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Strong math and logical reasoning skills
- Competitive Salary
- Company paid ski pass
- Flexible hours
Email Your Resume In Word To
Looking forward to receiving your resume through our website and going over the position with you. Clicking apply is the best way to apply, but you may also:
- Please do NOT change the email subject line in any way. You must keep the JobID: linkedin : LL4- -- in the email subject line for your application to be considered.***
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Optello is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work - In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Optello will consider for Employment in the City of Los Angeles qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance.