The incumbent in this position is responsible for performing surveillance related duties to ensure company, state, and federal gaming laws and company policies and procedures are being maintained in all gaming and non gaming areas of the facility and surrounding property including but not limited to, games, slots, keno, cashiers, soft and hard count rooms.
- Observes and reports any and all gaming violations, policy and procedure violations and/or thefts of or from Harrah's property.
- Operates monitor room CCTV equipment, including basic computer functions.
- Participates in court actions relating to gaming violations.
- Learns and applies all Surveillance Department Policies and Procedures.
- Learns all games in use at Harrah's and Harrah's branded properties, and all procedures and cheating indicators of such games.
- Writes proper reports as needed in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Responds to surveillance supervision, management, and regulatory requests.
- Responds to requests of all other departments when applicable and necessary.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical and computer functions.
- Knowledge of different table games.
- Ability to observe and identify suspected cheaters and cheating techniques.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently move around all work areas
- The above skills are typically acquired through a minimum of six to twelve months of on-the-job training or through closely related experience.
- Ability to work flexible shift rotation schedule; all shifts, all days when given appropriate notice.
ABOUT USHarrahs Council Bluffs, Horseshoe Council Bluffs, the Mid-America Center, and the Hilton Garden Inn, all part of Caesars Entertainments expansive portfolio, are looking to bring the best talent from around the area to the Empire. We know that excellent service begins with our team members, which is why we are all inspired by the companys Mission, Vision, and Values and why we strive for greatness each and every day. From providing the best gaming experience with two casino properties to offering two hotels with varying amenities, and convention, meeting, and entertainment space perfect for events big and small, our teams and properties are here to serve the Council Bluffs-metro area no matter the need.
As a part of the new hire process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended, except where applicable law requires that such pre-employment screening occur post-offer. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, national origin, sex, age over 40, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.