This is a supervisory position responsible for providing leadership to the Document and Property Management Team in a variety of activities specific to developing, monitoring, and improving processes related to engineering drawing and document management, drafting standards and services, and land rights acquisition and management.
§ Bachelor's degree in related area (Engineering, Engineering Technology, Computer Science, etc. ). An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
§ Seven (7) years of related work experience required. A minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
§ Strong supervisory and leadership ability required.
§ Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
§ Excellent interpersonal skills and strong team skills.
§ Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
§ Strong knowledge of utility engineering standards and practices.
§ Strong project management skills.
§ Proficient in computer software office applications (Microsoft Excel, Word, and Access) and proficient in scheduling/project tools & software (Primavera or Microsoft Project, etc.).
§ Aptitude for learning new systems/skills.
§ Working knowledge of drafting software and standards.
§ Experience with mapping software.
§ Experience with right-of-way and substation site property description drawings and property related documents.
§ Strong understanding of activities associated with procuring real property and easements, including negotiations, development of agreements, condemnation, etc.
§ Aptitude for, or experience with, engineering/analysis activities.
§ Excellent organization and time-management skills.
§ Ability to work independently and is a self-starter.
- Provides oversight for the development, training, adherence and improvement of consistent drawing and document management processes across Engineering & Construction, Production, and Power Delivery.
- Provides oversight for the development, training, and improvement of tools for document and drawing management across Engineering & Construction, Production and Power Delivery.
- Develops and ensures adherence to drafting standards.
- Develops and implements process for maintaining equipment manuals, including interfaces with software to allow access to this information in the field.
- Provides oversight of drafting services provided to the Engineering & Construction, Production, and Power Delivery business units.
- Obtains and oversees contract drafting services, as needed, to support the needs of staff across Engineering & Construction, Production, and Power Delivery.
- Partners with GIS professionals and IT to develop EKPC's enterprise geographic information system.
- Provides oversight for the development of mapping standards and procedures to produce maps for a variety of customers.
- Writes GIS/mapping programs and develops user interfaces, menus, and scripts.
- Oversees the acquisition of rights-of-way/easements, substation sites, and other properties as needed.
- Coordinates information and activities associated with property sales to prepare items for submittal to the EKPC Board of Directors and the Strategic Issues Committee.
- Obtains and oversees contract right of way acquisition resources, as needed, to support the needs of the capital project portfolio.
- Oversees cost estimation for acquisition of rights-of-way/easements and substation sites for capital projects.
- Directs the continued support for managing and addressing property issues associated with capital projects prior to the close-out of the projects.
- Oversees the disposal of unneeded excess real property owned by EKPC, including associated RUS activities.
- Develops and maintains systems that ensure retention and easy access to substation site, easement/rights-of-way, and all other EKPC owned property records.
- Testifies, as needed, in legal proceedings related to right-of-way condemnation cases and/or negotiations with property owners.
- Oversees, guides, motivates and directs the activities of the workgroup on a regular basis, including conducting performance reviews of the team.
- Coordinates the performance management process for team members and provides performance feedback for the goal of maximizing performance.
- Provides leadership and maintains overall authority and accountability for the team.
- Develops departmental budgets, contributes to Production Engineering & Construction work plans and budgeting data fleet wide.
- § Completes Supervisory Training Program and attends ongoing Learning for Leaders training.