Minimum Required Skills:
Development, Multifamily Construction, Wood Frame Construction, ground up commercial construction, Podium/Type-I Build Experience, Superintendent, Slab on Grade Build Experience
If you are a Multifamily Superintendent looking to grow your career with a rising industry leader with a strong backlog of work - please read on!
Top Reasons to Work with Us
We are an award-winning and nationally recognized apartment and mixed-use builder with over 30 years of ownership experience. We build and own our projects for the long-term with a focus on smart growth, transit and pedestrian-oriented rental housing and mixed-use projects. Our team prides itself on community collaboration, patience, and long-term execution. To-date we've built over 10,000 apartment units throughout California with more than 1,000 units currently under construction.
What You Will Be Doing
- Prepare and issue the site logistics plan, identify construction parking and staging areas.
- Have complete knowledge of all contract drawings and specification. Maintain a working set of the latest issue construction drawings and specifications.
- Ensure change order approval has been secured before proceeding with any work outside the contract scope.
- Develop, produce, and issue the master construction schedule. Regularly review the work plan for the entire project and issue short term 2-week interval work schedules every week. Monitor and record actual construction progress on the planned master construction schedule.
- Plan the work and optimize field crews in order to achieve and maintain maximum trade productivity with the most efficient labor and material costs. Prepare and submit weekly labor detail reports.
- Develop and maintain production targets for all direct work. Communicate cost codes for time sheets and procedures for effective cost controls.
- Undertake new work activities only after proper and documented trade safety training has occurred. Enforce the safety plan.
- Coordinate, direct, and monitor the activities of all subcontractors. Know the work of the subcontractors as well as they do.
- Initiate and hold weekly safety and subcontractor meetings. Record and issue meeting notes.
- Produce work quality which meets or exceeds company standards and all applicable code and contract requirements. Cooperate with and implement appropriate quality assurance programs.
- Maintain tools and equipment inventory and maintenance systems. Keep the Project Manager informed of needs and problems.
- Inform the Project Manager of the required delivery date of all permanent materials and equipment for communication to vendors, suppliers and/or subcontractors. The Project Superintendent is directly responsible for expediting all deliveries to the site.
- Keep daily diary of events. Prepare and submit daily diaries to the Project Manager if requested. The daily diary will become part of the close out documents.
- Handle all labor relations on the project. Keep Project Manager informed and obtain main office assistant when necessary.
- Keep the Project Manager informed at all times of project safety, schedule, and cost information.
- Review and approve time sheets of field personnel. Ensure correct hours and cost coding and supply an adequate narrative of work performed if requested.
- Assist the Project Manager with reviewing subcontractors monthly Payment applications.
- Conduct and deliver performance appraisals of all field personnel.
- Train all new personnel.
- As Required: Other duties as required
What You Need for this Position
- High School Diploma (any additional experience a plus)
- 5+ years of construction management experience in multifamily construction (preferably, with demonstrated experience on 100+ unit developments within the Bay Area)
- 3 years' minimum supervisory experience as a Superintendent on ground up slab-on-grade, podium, and other multi-unit residential projects
- Must have thorough knowledge of multifamily trades, ability to analyze construction documents, and ability to read blueprints.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Project
What's In It for You
- Strong, Above Market Base Salary (Depending On Experience)
- Performance & Company-based Bonus
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- 2 Weeks PTO (3 Weeks following first year of employment)
- 401k (w/ company match!)
-Life and Accidental Death InsuranceSo, if you are a Superintendent with leadership experience in multifamily construction, please apply today!
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.Please apply directly to by clicking 'Click Here to Apply' with your Word resume!
Looking forward to receiving your resume and going over the position in more detail with you.
- Not a fit for this position? Click the link at the bottom of this email to search all of our open positions.
Looking forward to receiving your resume!
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work - In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Copyright 1999 - 2020 . CyberCoders, Inc. All rights reserved.
- provided by Dice