We are seeking an experience Superintendent to assist with multifamily projects in the North East - Boston, Massachusetts and Providence, Rhode Island.
The job description will require:
- Working with the Project Manager and Sr. Project Manager to develop and implement overall project work schedules identifying the critical path including the expediting of scheduled critical materials and equipment for their timely delivery to site.
- Leading, supervising and developing quality standards among all trades on site.
- Ensure strict adherence to ethics and compliance requirements at all times.
- Developing and managing the overall site safety program as required and ensuring subcontractor compliance with all applicable safety codes and regulations.
- Managing and making decisions related to the performance of work related to scheduling, delivery, logistics, quality control and trade employee staffing levels.
- Overseeing work among all trades to promote a coordinated project operation. Resolving local area problems regarding procedures, design clarifications, adequate labor and equipment, schedule and all other appropriate matters.
- Acting as on-site liaison to inspection agencies (i.e. City, Third Party Inspections, etc.).
- Assisting the Project Manager in managing the General Conditions for the project in order to maintain budget.
- Assisting the Project Manager in managing the billing process as it relates to work in place and overseeing the monthly estimate of work completed payrolls, material invoices and subcontractor payment applications.
- Managing the work to ensure that it is installed in compliance with and conforms to the approved contract documents.
- At least 7 years of superintendent experience in Wrap and/or Podium construction.
- 10 years of Multi-Family construction experience required.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the general and subcontract documents, drawings and specifications, construction means, methods and materials.
- Computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Project, Word and Excel.
- Strong management, leadership and interpersonal skills combined with good attention to details and the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to follow complex oral and written instruction
- Demonstrate dependability, flexibility and teamwork
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively within the organization