MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
This company is currently seeking an experienced and responsible construction superintendent to supervise all on-site construction activities and deliver superb quality in a timely, safe, and cost-effective manner. The ideal candidate has at least 5 years of experience in multifamily residential or commercial construction site supervision, or 10 years managing construction of luxury custom homes. Confidence in learning and implementing technology that you have not previously used is required.
This company is a Conshohocken based construction and real estate development firm. Primary areas of focus are boutique multifamily and mixed-use developments.
- Supervise all on-site construction activities for projects ranging from $1 - 10MM and ensure subcontractors adhere to the project schedule.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the contract documents and properly plan construction sequencing, staffing and subcontractor coordination.
- Review and update subcontractors on any project changes.
- Inspect work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to the specifications and contract documents.
- Coordinate with subcontractors, consultants, inspectors and suppliers to resolve any issues with materials or methods.
- Document onsite activities in the daily report submitted through Buildertrend, to include contractors on site, daily directives, deliveries, delays, progress photos, and weather conditions.
- Maintain quality control and a safe environment.
- Assist in pre-construction activities and online submittal coordination.
- Assist in preparing scopes of work for all trades.
- Communicate with the architect to resolve design conflicts/questions through RFI's.
- Represent the company on site with a positive, professional attitude at all times.
- 5 years of related experience with an emphasis on multifamily residential or commercial construction and design/build.
- Demonstrated ability to read, understand, and organize construction documents and specifications.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with an aptitude to learn other management software.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Perform tasks with a sense of urgency and meet deadlines.
- Small firm with direct access to leadership.
- Opportunity for significant autonomy and impactful decision making.
- Potential to grow into more senior leadership roles as company grows.
- Competitive salary and benefits, including 401K matching, healthcare allowance, employer paid career training and development, and paid leave.