PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking Structures Aviation Mechanics in Mobile, AL.
Ideal candidates would have a background in painting. This position will conduct sheetmetal repairs but we would like to find someone with experience in painting.
- Perform all maintenance in accordance with FAA approved data and to the standards of good workmanship as required by the client
- Keep safety of flight in the forefront at all times in the production of an airworthy product.
Scope of Work
- Accurately and legibly record all information required on internal company forms and aircraft maintenance documents in conformance to company, customer and FAA requirements.
- Ensure appropriate use of the correct tools for the application and that tooling is serviceable and calibrated when necessary.
- Locate, understand and implement the appropriate technical data used while performing maintenance.
- Perform any duties that may be assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- As a "safety sensitive" position, this position requires that the employee be able to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner as an essential job function.
- Ensure assigned work area is kept clean and free of hazards to both personnel and the aircraft.
- Follow all necessary safety precautions; hearing and eye protection, use of chemicals, engine and propeller hazards, fall protection, etc.
- Maintain a FOD-free work environment.
- Comply with OSHA Safety Regulations.
- Participate in on-the-job training as required.
- Observe safety procedures and personnel policies.
- Regular attendance required as outlined in company policy.
- High School Diploma
- Training in Airframe and Power Plant with emphasis on Structures and Composites
- Minimum 5 years experience with structures and composite.
- Prior experience on aircraft maintenance required.
- Familiar with turbo prop aircraft is a plus.
- Certified by FAA with a current Airframe and Power Plant Mechanic license is a plus but not required.
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- English language is required; bilingual in Spanish is not required, but is a plus.
- 10% Potential Domestic and International travel
- US citizenship is required
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$