About our Business
CBIZ CMF, a 100+ person national consulting practice, is the dedicated private equity advisory division of CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ). We are focused on providing private equity groups and their related portfolio companies with consulting services and solutions focused on (i) deal advisory; and (ii) performance management & improvement. Our team embraces a collaborative, client-centric approach to architecting and delivering on projects driven by ongoing transactions, transitions and transformations within our client base. We believe that the diverse perspectives of all our team members help to drive innovation and transformative results for our business. We are entrepreneurially minded and operate as a meritocracy, promoting and compensating team members based upon performance and potential.
Our clients are benefitted by additional scope and scale provided through CBIZ, which has over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 employees across North America, focused on providing top-level financial and employee focused professional services to organizations of all sizes.
CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions:
- 2020 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work®
- 2019 America's Best Mid-Size Employers by Forbes
- 2019 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence
- Top 101 highest scoring companies in the country for Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources
Together, CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are ranked as one of the top providers of accounting services in the United States. MHM is an independent CPA firm that provides audit, review and attest services, while CBIZ provides, business consulting, tax and financial services.
About the Role
The Senior Principal will be a full-time permanent consultant helping to grow our Strategic FP&A practice. The Senior Principal will support our clients, private equity backed portfolio companies, by implementing strategic FP&A initiatives. The Senior Principal will facilitate proactive decision making through forecasting models and drive value with data and analytics during times of transaction and transition. We are seeking an individual with a strong background in data and analytics and a solid foundation in finance and accounting. The travel expectations for this role ranges between 60-80%.
- 7-10 years of experience in either (preferably both):
- Consulting/Advisory (preferably Big 4 or Big 3) with a focus on finance effectiveness, strategy and operations, analytics, performance improvement or technology
- Large company (preferably Fortune 500) Corporate FP&A or Sales/Ops Finance Analyst roles, rotational programs (with FP&A component)
- CPA, CMA, CFA or equivalent certification
- Competence using SQL to extract and analyze data
- Management responsibilities in a professional services environment
- Exposure working in or working with clients in multiple industries (e.g. manufacturing, distribution, healthcare, software/technology, retail, transportation, industrial, business services, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree required; Finance or Accounting concentration preferred but other degrees that might be successful include Economics, Math, Engineering, Supply Chain or Technology Related
- Strong working knowledge of finance/accounting concepts (e.g. deep understanding of financial statement mechanics, intermediate working knowledge of debits/credits accounting)
- Demonstrated ability to apply these finance/accounting concepts using general business acumen to help support analyses and decision making (e.g. financial statement analysis, variance analysis, financial ratio application, financial budgeting/forecasting, financial and operational reporting/analysis)
- Extremely strong Excel skills - comfort with advanced functions (nested logic, SUMIFS, text function, INDEX, MATCH, OFFSET, INDIRECT, array functions, etc.) is required; additionally, should be able to talk to experience building financial/analytical models from scratch using Excel.
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA or other Master's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred
- 7 years of experience in either Advisory or industry FP&A roles, with a minimum of 2 years in Consulting/Advisory
- 5 years of supervisory experience
- Ability to manage all aspects of client engagements
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Strong aptitude for technology (e.g. proven proficiency across multiple ERPs)
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs