Ready to make an impact? Be part of a global company, with diverse teams and multi-disciplinary projects. Come collaborate with us at GHD!
As a staff level Environmental Professional you will have the opportunity to perform project coordination tasks for petroleum hydrocarbon site assessment and remediation projects. This position is an integral part of our contamination, assessment, and remediation (CAR) business group and requires a diverse array of responsibilities.
Primary responsibilities include supporting project managers with the following activities:
• Field implementation of work plans
• Health and Safety Plan preparation
• Drilling bid preparation and subcontractor procurement
• Field work planning and coordination
• Oversight of subcontractors during utility locates, borehole clearance, subsurface exploratory drilling, excavating, groundwater monitoring, waste removal, etc.
• Collecting soil, groundwater, vapor, and surface water samples
• Soil logging using the Unified Soil Classification System
• Permanent and temporary monitoring well construction
• Problem resolution due to unexpected field conditions
• Support clients during emergency response projects
• Prepare budgets and schedules
• Assist with report writing to document field activities and investigation findings
• 4-year Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Geology, Natural Resources, Environmental Science or equivalent.
• 2 - 5 years of related experience including the management, investigation, remediation and monitoring of environmental projects
• Ability to perform field work and travel overnight
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook
• Basic understanding of California Regional Water Quality Control Board and Local Oversight Program Requirements for site
• Must be self motivated, organized, hard working, and have strong written and technical skills
• Commitment to safety utilizing a behavior based safety (BBS) culture in all aspects of the job
• OSHA 40 Hour HAZWOPER certification activities
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities. So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own?
As one of the world's leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation. In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to the apply link above.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.