Who is RHP Properties?
Headquartered in Farmington Hills, Michigan, RHP Properties is the nation's largest private owner and operator of manufactured home communities. With more than 290 communities throughout 28 states, we continue to expand our footprint to provide accessible and affordable housing across the country. All of this would not be possible without the energy and drive of our talented employees! We invest in our employees, with regular training, opportunities for advancement, and fun events to bring everyone together.
As we continue to grow, we are in search of a Staff Accountant for our team who will be responsible for preparing monthly financial statements, bank reconciliations, balance sheet reconciliations, journal entries, and special projects.
As a successful Staff Accountant, you will:
- Prepare, in a timely manner, financial statements on an accrual basis for manufactured home communities and investment groups.
- Reconcile balance sheet items, including bank accounts. Pursue cash and other reconciling items to resolution in a timely manner.
- Process journal entries on a timely basis to maintain accurate bank balances.
- Prepare lender-reporting packages and provide analysis upon request.
- Prepare year-end accounting packages for external auditors. Respond to external auditor inquiries and requests for additional information regarding year-end packets.
- Review Accounts Payable distribution lists for accurate general ledger account numbers, descriptions, and amounts.
- Review month-end Accounts Receivable reports for manufactured housing communities and investment groups.
- Prepare month-to-month and year-to-date budget variance analyses for specific properties on a monthly basis.
- Prepare and track management fee calculations.
- Prepare investor reporting and analysis for designated properties.
- Prepare and maintain monthly general ledger reference filing system.
- Various inventory functions including being able to identify and correct job costing errors.
- Perform monthly closing of general ledger procedures.
- Communicate accounting issues to Seniors and Managers in a timely manner and be able to propose solutions.
- Perform special projects and/or other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 3 years of accounting experience required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field required.
- Strong Analytical thinking skills.
- 10-key calculator and reconciliation skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office specifically, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with accounting software, preferably MRI.
- Detail orientated, and the ability to multitask, and be a team player in a fast-paced environment.
This is a full-time opportunity with competitive compensation. Benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance; short-term and long-term disability; life insurance; paid time off and holidays; flexible spending; and 401K.