* Columbus, OH
* Full-time permanent position
* Opportunity to work with one of the best-qualified municipal consulting firms in the country
* Highly competitive salary range commensurate with experience
* Excellent benefits (from starting date), vacation time, 401k matching, and a flexible work environment
* Relocation package available for candidates outside of Ohio
Who are you?
You're an experienced Water Engineer with a desire to work amongst the region's best and brightest on unique, complex projects from around the country and globally.
You're dedicated, driven, and self-motivated, with a strong technical background and solid client and project management skills. So if you're ready to take on a leadership position offering significant growth opportunities for advancement, then look no further because we want to meet you.
Who is the employer?
Our client is a leading global design & consultancy organization, established over 130 years ago, with offices in over 70 countries, they are working to address the world's challenges, like climate change, urbanization, digitalization, and poverty. They are a team of talented, passionate people, reimagining the places we live and work, and redefining how we use and protect our much-needed resources.
Now, they are looking for an experienced water professional to join their team as a Sr. Water Engineer in Columbus, Ohio.
What you'll be doing
In this position you will play a critical role in our Water Business, providing excellence in client management along with executing projects, managing project pursuits, and leading and coordinating design teams and technical experts.
Practically speaking you will:
* Lead clients and project teams in the planning, design and construction of water treatment plants, distribution systems, and pump stations as well as creating construction documents, specifications, and managing construction oversight.
* Manage a range of projects for various clients in the region; manage budgets and delivery schedules, and lead project teams to meet project deliverables.
* Create detailed designs of water treatment and distribution systems.
* Work with the Area Leader(s) and client Account Leader(s) to develop project scopes and fee estimates, plan for profitable project delivery, risk management, staffing, and related activities.
* Support the work of others and mentor junior technical staff.
* Ensure project compliance with all company practices, quality, and safety standards.
If you are a collaborative and self-motivated senior-level engineer, interested in helping steer our practice to new heights while taking the next step in your water leadership career, this could be the role for you.
What you'll bring
* 8-15 years progressively responsible leadership roles in the consulting/water industry, with significant experience related to drinking water
* Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or related field.
* Current PE License
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Ian Martin, we connect people with meaningful work. We work with people like you for similar technical roles. If you apply, be sure to create a profile with us. That way, great technical jobs will come to you before they even get to the job board.