Primary Role: The Senior Training Specialist is the Latham University leader and is responsible for designing, developing and delivering product and installation training for our dealers, and sales training programs for internal sales employees.
Duties and Responsibilities - Sr. Training Specialist:
- Facilitate and deliver dealer-facing product installation training across all product categories.
- Facilitate and deliver dealer-facing business ownership training (business planning, budgeting, job costing, overall operations, etc.)
- Facilitate and deliver sales training programs for internal sales employees.
- Design, develop, implement, and evaluate training plans, curricula, and methodology for delivery in digital-on-demand, virtual and live training formats.
- Create the annual sales training plan with key stakeholders in Sales and Marketing for dealers and Sales employees.
- Establish KPIs to measure training program outcomes.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for Lathams products as well as key competencies required for Latham dealers to be successful business owners.
- Formulate training outlines, job aids and determine instructional methods, utilizing knowledge of specific training needs and effectiveness of such individual methods as individual training, group instruction, coaching support, and virtual training.
- Administer customer-facing LMS, maintain certification tracks, track user progress and ensure all modules are relevant and functional.
- Build and manage strong client relationships across all regions and product categories.
- Partner with Product Directors and Sales department to keep training content current and relevant.
- Maintain inventory of training supplies, equipment, etc.
- Establish and maintain usage and availability calendar for training center.
- Travel as needed to deliver training in other locations.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications - Sr. Training Specialist :
- Associates degree required; Bachelors degree preferred in a related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in training facilitation, content development and LMS administration.
- Background in Construction, Landscaping or Outdoor Lifestyle industries helpful pool installation experience a plus
- Proficiency in using a variety of computer software applications, such as Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Experience with virtual training via Adobe Connect and Zoom
- Experience creating SCORM compliant training modules using Adobe Captivate (Optional)
- Strong interpersonal / relationship skills
- Travel requirements approximately 10% to other facilities, off-site meetings, etc.
- Availability requirements: As needed to meet the needs of the business and our dealers. Off-hours training offerings may be required including weekends and nights.
Latham Pool Products job descriptions are not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.