Hargray' s Mission - To Envision and deliver customer delight
Are you passionate about making a difference in people's lives? Do you enjoy a fast-paced work environment? Then you should join the Hargray Communications team as a Sr. Tax Accountant.
General Description of Position: This position would work closely with the Director of Billing and Revenue, Assistant Controller, and Fixed Asset Manager would have the responsibility of researching, billing, and filing state and local taxes. These include but are not limited to sales and use tax, gross receipts tax, property tax, communications specific taxes, and miscellaneous state and local taxes and fees. and preparing tax filings and performing the needed analytical review. You will also be responsible for working on complex tax issues that will have high visibility to senior management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research state and local tax requirements
- Provide guidance of tax requirements for billing configuration/setup; review setup for accuracy; investigate and reconcile discrepancies
- Ensure taxes billed/collected are properly recorded in the general ledger
- Timely and accurately file various state and local taxes
- Work independently to research tax issuesand coordinate research with third parties as needed
- Work with local and state authorities to register/setup tax accounts as needed
- Work with Billing and Regulatory teams on ensuring that taxation platform is appropriately configured and producting correct billing for taxes and fees
- This position will be the point of contact during any state or local tax audits or reviews.
- Identify tax savings and prepare refund claims
- Interact and collaborate effectively with other members of the accounting team, operating divisions, and third parties
- Works on other special projects as assigned
- Bachelors degree in Accounting/Finance or related field; Masters degree a plus
- 5 or more years of relevant experience and 2 years' of public accounting or tax compliance and planning experience
- Preferably prior Telecom industry experience
- Experience reviewing returns, mentoring staff, and managing deadlines
- Experience with complex research and planning issues
- Desire to teach and coach as well as grow and learn
- CPA or CPA eligibility required
- Strong communication skills