The Senior ServiceNow Engineer is a key driver for defining and delivering the vision of our enterprise ServiceNow installation. The Senior ServiceNow Engineer will use their enthusiasm for innovation to provide business solutions with the ServiceNow team, identifying and utilizing best practices and standards used in the ServiceNow industry. This role will propose and develop solutions that consider all ServiceNow best practices and current offerings and align with efficient long-term maintenance and support. This position helps identify opportunities to reduce resource waste through ServiceNow integrations, automation and manual task reduction.
* Knowledge of ITIL/ITSM best practices, processes and associated tools and how they are utilized in ServiceNow
* Hands-on role in the development and maintenance of The Friedkin Group's ServiceNow installation
* Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture and IT Operations to understand and develop ServiceNow to enable the enterprise and support our customer's needs
* Regularly reviewing the work of others on the ServiceNow team and providing productive feedback, including best practices and maintenance
* Identify regular maintenance plan for ServiceNow assets
* Design and implement ServiceNow solutions leveraging current and new ServiceNow features based on the enterprise strategy and roadmap
* Identify and implement ServiceNow automation opportunities
* Begins all implementation efforts with a "QA and Security First" mentality
* Responsible for staying up-to-date with upcoming releases and optional products and solutions
* Assists team members in all aspects of administering ServiceNow, including best practices, maintenance, continuing education and training, design and review, implementation and support tasks
* Present solutions (including requirements and design) to non-technical stakeholders in a non-technical format
* Hands-on collaboration with internal and external stakeholders and users developing requirements and design documentation
* Assist in troubleshooting real-time production issues and help provide resolution
* Utilizes accepted methodologies and tools in a disciplined manner.
* Have good written and oral communication skills and be comfortable communicating with non-technical people and explaining technical concepts in a non-technical manner
* Be a team player with good time managements skills and able to work unsupervised to meet deadlines
* Other duties as assigned
* Requires a bachelors' degree with 5+ years of experience in related field or possess an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* 3+ years of experience developing enterprise ServiceNow solutions
* 8+ years of experience in delivering IT solutions to business initiatives
* Deep working knowledge and experience administering ServiceNow including:
* Users, groups, roles and access control rules
* Task management and custom workflows
* Custom scripting
* Underlying database structure
* Knowledge base and service catalog
* Upgrade paths and planning
* Experience with some ServiceNow modules, including:
* Service Mapping
* Event Management
* Asset Management
* Knowledge of ServiceNow automation
* Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture methodologies and frameworks such as ITIL/TOGAF
* Knowledge of test driven development methodologies and tools
* Experience delivering solutions utilizing Agile methodologies
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, & REGISTRATIONS*
ServiceNow or equivalent certifications are required, such as IT Service Management, Certified System Administrator and Certified Application Developer.
Minimal travel is required for this position (up to 20% of the time and on a domestic basis).
Is legally able to work in the United States.
The Friedkin Group and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain drug-free workplaces by conducting pre-employment drug testing
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled