Sr. Project Manager - Manufacturing
Functional Role Description:
The Senior Project Manager (SPM) serves as a client account manager and is the primary point of contact for the client and other outside consultants concerning the project(s). The SPM is fully responsible for the overall development and execution of a portfolio of projects (typically $1MM+ project fee), including: project profitability, quality, safety, client satisfaction, controlling available resources, project scope, schedule, budget and contractual requirements. The SPM possesses broad knowledge, understanding and experience with the standard engineering and construction models including A/E, AEPCM, or Design Build. SPM's provide leadership and organization to the project and instill confidence in the client regarding the project team's abilities. The SPM demonstrates excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and maintains specific knowledge of planning and scheduling functions and a thorough understanding of contract administration, liability and safety issues.
- Supports business and relationship developments activities of the division.
- Coordinates completion of defined work scope for a project between disciplines/locations involved.
- Assists in preparation of project execution strategy and reviews progress as drawings and specifications are developed and prior to issue for permit and construction.
- Monitors changes in scope/schedule and secures Change Authorizations, as required.
- Manages project financials, pricing and cash flow.
- Develops, reviews and approves all project management documents including: scope development, project costs and schedules, and internal/external communications.
- Develops proposals, project specification/scopes and negotiates final contracts.
- Monitors project costs and quality to ensure the profitability and technical performance of the project and develops innovative actions to correct variances to scope, budget and/or schedule.
- Exercises cost efficient and innovative approaches in the design to save construction costs and improve productivity.
- Anticipates, recognizes and identifies key project issues/problems and establishes objectives and priorities in solving them and determines solutions and directs their implementation.
- Prepares periodic reports for the client to track cost, schedule, and quality performance.
- Issues regular invoices for contracted work and services payment, and follows up on past due invoices.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 20+ years project management experience in a consulting organization
- Experience managing complex manufacturing or facility projects in a consulting environment
- Experience with and general knowledge of safety and contract/liability issues
- Accredited Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering discipline
- Licensed Professional Engineer or PMP Certification is desirable
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing duties of this job, the employee will:
- occasionally be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls;
- frequently use close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Overtime may be necessary as workloads dictate. This may include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays.
- The job will generally be performed at Middough's office, but may require occasional overnight travel to the Client's office, production facility or industrial/construction job site.
- The employee may be assigned to work at a Client's office, facility or site for an extended period of time. Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply. When performing outside Middough's office, appropriate safety training and safety equipment will be provided by Middough and/or Client, as required.
Middough Inc. does not support sponsorship for any applicant that requires an employment visa (i.e. H-1B) to work lawfully in the US.
Middough Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of diversity and actively recruits minority, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.