Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical services for the world's leading companies in the food and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
- The Sr. Project Manager evaluates, , and designs packaging and processing systems to create and modify automated solutions for Design Group clients. This professional will act as a project lead on packaging and process related systems and activities in a variety of industries (food and beverage, consumer product, and pharmaceutical experience is preferred.) This role will require conceptual design engineering and onsite implementation of integrated automated systems. In addition, this role will be responsible for identification and troubleshooting of potential or current systems and support of clients technical teams to identify and resolve problems to maintain and potentially increase productivity.
- Packaging and process system line design and development to include estimation, justification, budget, schedule, design, implementation, acquisition, installation, start-up, troubleshooting, and documentation of facilities and equipment compliant with local, state, federal, and international regulations.
- Develop equipment design and specifications, design of equipment support systems, and bid analyses.
- Lead communications with vendors (OEM's) and contractors to implement automation solutions.
- Provide engineering solutions for continuous improvement objectives using industry standard tools and procedures (Change Control, ROI, etc.).
- Ability to evaluate existing operations and suggest and drive projects to provide immediate ROI and improve productivity.
- Identify and specify required equipment for projects within designated timelines.
- Must showcase a deep understanding of all types of process and packaging systems in a range of industries and applications. Ideally including fully "integrated" systems and lines.
- Demonstrate daily problem-solving capabilities including strategic and critical thinking.
- Minimum 5-7 years of industrial, project management experience involving process and packaging systems and manufacturing automation applications. Experience in the food, dairy, pharmaceutical, or high-speed beverage/brewery industries is applicable and preferred.
- This position will be responsible for design, equipment specification and procurement, vendor, and contractor management, as well as installation, commissioning, qualification, and start-up support.
- A practical understanding of process design, automation, construction management, and electrical / control and instrumentation design integration preferred.
- This position requires strong analytical skills, basic understanding of project management fundamentals as well as strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, & AutoCAD).
- Candidates need to possess effective organizational, communication and interpersonal skills. This position requires an individual who is a self-starter and can work with minimal supervision.
- Willing and able to travel as necessary for project requirements to include but not be limited to: project installation and start-up activities, client meetings, company sponsored meetings, trainings, industry related seminars, forums, or conventions, etc.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree.
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work-therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.
Design Group US Inc - provided by Dice