KIK Custom Products
KIK is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, age, religion, sex, or national origin.
Job ID 2
# of Openings 1
Job Location US-GA-Conyers
Posted Date 2021-04-27
Division KIK Pool
We are KIK!
We create the products and brands that people trust to clean, sanitize, and protect their homes, pools and cars. We are one of North America's largest independent consumer product manufacturers with 20 North American manufacturing facilities. We also operate globally in Europe, Asia, UK, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. We are known by our portfolio of over 40 brands including Spic and Span ® and Comet ® cleaning products, Clorox ® Pool&Spa™ (under license), BioGuard ® , and Natural Chemistry ® pool chemicals, and Prestone ® and Holts ® automotive performance chemicals. We are also the #1 producer in North America for store-brand ("private label") bleach and a leading private label provider of laundry detergent and additives, dishwashing products, general purpose cleaning and other home care products.
Our global team of over 2,500 employees drive our capabilities in product development, product formulation, strategic sourcing, manufacturing, packaging design, brand marketing, project management, quality assurance, compliance, distribution and logistics.
Our organization is constantly evolving and is driven by a set of "One KIK" values - a dedication to following through on commitments in a customer-focused, profit-motivated way; while never compromising on safety, ethics or integrity.
This position may be based at the Conyers or Lawrenceville, Georgia sites and will support projects across KIK Pool sites based on business objectives.
The Sr. Project Engineer in our Pool division is a key member of the Technology team comprised of Process, Packaging, Manufacturing and Project Engineers. This role is primarily working on capital engineered projects ranging from $50K to $1M such as packaging equipment, line improvements, equipment upgrades, debottlenecking projects, waste reduction projects, installation, startups, and turnovers. This individual interacts closely and often with internal and external cross functional teams to drive change and influence decisions in a fast paced environment leveraging strong interpersonal, collaborative and professional skills.
Essential Job Functions
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates; preparing and justifying capital requests through project execution.
- Utilize project management tools and engineering discipline to define and implement solutions that meet project goals and objectives within budgeted timelines, costs and resources.
- Quickly assess current and desired state, developing solutions to meet clearly defined goals.
- Research and negotiate with vendors and third party contractors to vet prospective projects, agree on timelines, establish agreements and present multi-quote options and solutions to stakeholders.
- Plan and execute plant layout, process flow, and machine capability improvements.
- Utilize Design for Manufacturability (DFM) approach to ensure production lines are balanced and employee interactions are minimized.
- Participate in cross-facility initiatives and expand network to determine company-wide best practices and improvement of business processes.
- Identify and implement solutions for product yield loss reduction, step change increases in equipment availability and overall production line throughput focusing on disciplined management of change.
- KPIs (ROI, Project Timeline and Budget Adherence, Cost-Take-Out $, Revenue Impacted $, OEE)
- Identifies and leads subcontractors as needed
- Forge relationships with business partners throughout the site and organization. Communicate well and clearly, taking the time to understand manufacturing processes. Lead project update meetings, ensuring key stakeholders are updated and engaged throughout the life-cycle of a project.
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering
Requirements & Skills
- Minimum of 5 years or more of project management experience in a consumer packaged goods or similar manufacturing environment
- Capital Engineered Products Experience a must
- Technical Troubleshooting, Solution Oriented
- Equipment Specification and design
- Experience utilizing AutoCAD or similar design software
- Use of Smartsheet or other project management software experience.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio.
- Packaging process and equipment knowledge is critical to be successful in this role.
- Great attention to details.
- Self-motivated, high sense of urgency and results oriented.
- Travel 35 - 50%
- Technical knowledge of liquid, granular, and compressed tablet product forms.
- Mechanical, Electrical and Controls troubleshooting
- Team oriented; willingness to embrace input and seek solutions from multiple functional areas and work in a collaborative environment.
- Flexibility and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Positive, solution based approach to all research issues.
- Comfortable working with data to guide decision making through design of experiments.
A Career with KIK Offers:
KIK offers very competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including health, wellness, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. You can plan for your future with KIK's retirement savings options including employer match. KIK also recognizes the importance of continuing education and offers Education Assistance to our employees to encourage continued personal development and growth.
Thank you for your interest and consideration of a position with KIK Custom Products.