In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
The Joint Task Force-Space Defense (JTF-SD) and National Space Defense Center (NSDC) is looking for on-site support to help coordinate efforts with the Combined Space Operations Center (CSpOC) and HQ US Space Command (USSPACECOM). The selected candidate will support space battle management command and control (BMC2) efforts to develop cutting edge procedures, advanced training on emerging capabilities, assist the government in creating BMC2 courses of action and provide systems engineering review of NSDC processes.
- Identify gaps in operational command and control and intelligence procedures, training and systems
- Work closely with the government in developing and implementing recommendations to close those gaps
- Work with the government and contractors to develop exercises, experiments and training events that focus on maturing prototypes and enabling the National Space Defense Center to onboard new capabilities
- Serve as a liaison to Aerospace personnel and reach back to Aerospace Corporation subject-matter experts
- Develop briefings, white papers, technical reports, and present recommendations to customer and Aerospace management staff at all levels of the organization.
- Occasional non-standard working hours may be required
This position is at Schriever AFB, Colorado, with occasional travel required.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field with twelve or more years of relevant engineering/technical/operational experience
- Military space operations experience (e.g., satellite command and control, missile warning, electronic warfare, satellite communications, space lift, Position, Navigation and Timing, etc.)
- Experience providing instruction on space and counterspace systems and operations, orbital mechanics, electronic warfare, national security space, etc.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required
- Some travel is required
- Joint planning or operations experience
- Experience with a variety of national security space architectures, systems engineering, system architecting, requirements development, system acquisition and operational experiments
- Experience transitioning research, development and prototype capabilities to operational use to include identifying a minimal capability needed for operational utility and how to leverage alternative means to accomplish a mission
- Advanced degree in engineering or related field or equivalent military educational experience
- Current SAP/SAR a benefit
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone ator by email at . You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement . - provided by Dice