At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
At Raytheon Missiles and Defense, we continue to develop leading technologies to the US military and our allies. We have added power to the world's most advanced fighter jets with the AMRAAM (Advanced Medium Range Air to Air Missile) and continue to provide state of the art electronics, systems and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems; as well as a broad range of mission support services. Behind all our projects, there is a team of talented engineers which we are looking to grow.
Within the Digital Products Department, you will be a part of a key role within the Raytheon Missiles & Defense Engineering organization by developing the electronics for the weapon system products. We engage at the outset of the weapon system development and follow our designs through deployment. Our team helps develop the requirements and bring concepts to life. Our products are deployed all over the world, on the ground, and they reach the exoatmospheric environments and into space. The Digital Products Department is responsible for the architecture, design, and documentation of deliverable firmware and FPGA embedded processing at RMD.
The Electrical Engineer will develop FPGA designs for all major vendors and device families including: Xilinx, Altera, Lattice, and Microsemi. Designs are implemented using VHDL for the following applications: gigabit serial interfaces, Radio Frequency (RF) and Electro-Optical (EO) DSP, controls, data links, embedded processing and processor interfaces. Designers work with circuit card designers and systems engineers to develop requirements, architect new parts, collaborative modeling of algorithms, partition and perform code development, simulation, and place and route. Designs are verified against requirements using both directed test and constrained random methodologies. Design support is expected from requirements definition through integration and test. Design documentation and configuration management are required.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
* Independently drive projects and execute to program schedules on time and budget
* Lead small teams and mentor junior engineers
* Demonstrate self-motivation, with little supervision required
* Design and deliver production quality FPGA releases from initial proof of concept up to production
* Work cooperatively with systems, hardware, software engineers, and program management to ensure product success
* Demonstrate the ability to architect FPGA-based systems to determine parts, interfaces, and Concept of Operations (CONOPS)
* Translate system level requirements into FPGA requirements
* Design and code in VHDL for reliability and maintainability
* Verify designs utilizing self-checking techniques with directed and constrained random tests, while tracking functional and code coverage
* Create complete documentation including requirements, verification plan, and user's guides
* Support internal and external technical reviews
Qualifications You Must Have:
* Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
* A minimum of ten (10) years of experience with digital design and VHDL coding
* Expertise in Xilinx or Microsemi devices and flow tools
* Expertise in delivering FPGA solutions to system level applications
* Hands on experience with integration and debug
* The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance prior to the start date. U.S. Citizenship is required as only U.S. Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Clearance Information: This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here:
What We Offer:
Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.