Reynolds American is evolving at pace - truly like no other organization.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A Master Scientist Packaging Development
SENIORITY LEVEL: Mid-Senior Level
FUNCTION: Scientific Research & Development
LOCATION: Winston Salem, NC
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
This role is part of NTM (?)
The role is responsible for the development of new and innovative packaging that supports the objectives of R. J. Reynolds Growth, Innovation, Harm Reduction, and Sustainability Platforms. The packaging position within R&D is responsible for leading the development and commercialization of new packaging designs, materials, and related components for tobacco products, including cigarettes, vapor products and modern oral products.
Reports to: Director of Packaging Development
Reporting Level: N/A
Geographic Scope: DBRU
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Design, develop, and implement packaging that meets commercial and product requirements while delivering against sustainability goals.
- Demonstrate and apply technical understanding of packaging while leading multiple projects under demanding timelines and required project documentation.
- Collaborate with Consumer Marketing and design agencies to develop packaging solutions for new product launches.
- Develop and provide prototypes and/or structural comps.
- Collaborate cross functionally with various stakeholders while delivering innovative, sustainable packaging solutions and materials scale up for commercialization.
- Insure internal business and regulatory process compliance in development and implementation of projects.
- Demonstrate technical expertise on packaging, materials, and processes along with the ability to communicate that knowledge to internal and external partners.
- Prepare data/information to support regulatory product submissions.
- Do you have experience developing packaging from concept to commercialization?
- Do you have experience leading cross functional teams?
- Do you have any CAD or Solidworks experience?
- Functional understanding of paper/paperboard, plastics processing, metal forming, converting, package printing and decorating.
- Understanding of packaging sustainability principles.
- Demonstrated experience in a Packaging Development, preferably at a Consumer Products company with global footprint.
- Leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage numerous, simultaneous complex projects.
- Strong project management and teamwork skills.
- BS in a technical field such as Engineering, Packaging Science/Engineering, Materials Science/Engineering or related fields.
- ArtiosCad, SolidWorks, or other CAD experience
- Strong project management and teamwork skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills.
Reynolds American Incorporated is positively transforming the tobacco industry. Were a family of companies that strives for success in everything we do. The future inspires us because our people are igniting the breakthroughs that are redefining the ways adult tobacco consumers enjoy tobacco in the 21st century.
When other companies talk about growth, they only talk about size. At Reynolds American, we focus on the growth of our people. We take pride in each others growth and well-being throughout our careers. We invest in your career and total well-being because we know our companies succeed when our people thrive.
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION:
Reynolds American Inc. is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of British American Tobacco p.l.c., and the U.S. parent company of R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; American Snuff Company, LLC; Modoral Brands, Inc.; R. J. Reynolds Vapor Company; Lorillard Licensing Company, LLC; Reynolds Brands, Inc.; and Vuse Stores LLC. This position is with R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company (2004).
Here, youll have the opportunity to work on iconic brands and revolutionary products by collaborating with visionary, principled and passionate people every day.
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Targeted Annual Bonus
- Relocation assistance available for those who qualify.
Our company offers very competitive benefit plans, including:
- 401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation. Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
- Comprehensive health- and welfare-benefits package
- Eleven paid company holidays annually, plus a generous paid vacation plan based on length of service
- Company-paid sick and personal days, funeral leave and jury duty leave; Also Parental leave/Reduced Work Schedule
- Confidential personal financial counseling service
- On-site health clinics and fitness centers
- A matching grants program that enables employees to direct and double their donations to qualifying charitable organizations of their choice
- Health-care advocacy service
- Volunteer service opportunities
- Federal credit union membership through Allegacy Federal Credit Union
- Extensive training opportunities
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility and creativity for motivated employees that stands apart from the crowd.
We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences and talents to maximize the company's potential for successfully achieving its business objectives.
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly via email at .
California Privacy Notice