Join Our Community of Food People!US Foods is seeking a technically strong individual to work with a team of other networking engineers. This role will be focused on completing design and delivery of client and data center solutions utilizing Cisco networking, F5 load balancing & reverse proxy solutions, Fortinet firewalls, Viptela SD WAN, Cisco WiFi. The primary responsibility of the Senior Network Engineer is to ensure delivery networking projects (design, implementation, support) as assigned. Limited travel may be necessary, but any onsite work would be in our data center in the Tempe/Phoenix, AZ area.
Our Sr Network Engineer role will contribute to the strategy, design, implementation, and administration of a large, complex Redhat Linux systems environments in both private (VMware) and public (AWS) clouds. Goal is to ensure high levels of stability, performance, availability, and security. This individual also participates in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure infrastructure provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
The work is completed 100% remote anywhere in the U.S. (except Hawaii or United States Territories) with limited travel requirements.
• Leads medium-to-large complexity technical projects.
• Build and support load balancing related infrastructure systems, with an
intermediate to advanced knowledge of F5 LTM
• Participates as a subject matter expert on various application and technical
projects with emphasis on load balancing.
• Leads design and deployment of technical solutions including Cisco Nexus
routing and switching solutions in Data Center.
• Leads design and deployment of technical solutions including Cisco/Viptela
routing in Data Center and remote offices.
• Directs development of technical documentation.
• Defines configuration guidelines for software and hardware.
• Drives development of test plans and solution testing.
• Directs development of support and end user documentation.
• Provide leadership and mentoring to IT project and work teams.
• Delegates project duties to other team members, as appropriate, and ensure
they are on track with project deliverables.
• Provides performance input on team members to department manager for team performance evaluations.
• Provides system and staff key productivity indicators (KPI's) to management.
• Provide approvals for production change requests.
• Ensures problems are tracked, reported, and resolved in a timely manner.
• Communicates effectively (both written and verbal) with various levels of
• Tracks, monitors, and provides project status updates to senior leadership.
• Provides level 3 problem resolution support.
- Bachelor's degree required; preferably BS, IS, or CIS
- Certifications preferred LPI, MCSE, AWS, VCAP, CCNA, SCSA
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience is required
- 4+ years' experience in IT field area specialty - Redhat Linux Administration
- Experience with AWS and Kubernetes preferred
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to quickly learn new processes, and absorb and retain information
- Good interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Experience working with Redhat and Amazon Linux
- Experience with virtualization (VMware/vSphere) and containerization (Kubernetes)
- Experience with AWS infrastructure and administration
- Experience coding and scripting with Shell, Ruby, or Perl
- Experience with Automation software (Chef, Rightscale/Flexera, Cloudformations)
- Experience with Redhat Linux OS upgrades preferred
- Solid SAN, storage, and system backup knowledge
- Solid network knowledge (OSI layers, TCP/IP)
- Database knowledge Oracle, MySQL, RDS
- HP-UX experience preferred
- Familiar with EC2 Console
- Familiar with Linux Patching in AWS
- Cisco router switch experience highly preferred
The following information is provided in accordance with the Colorado Pay Equity Act. Compensation depends on experience, geographic locations, and other factors permitted by law. In Colorado, the expected compensation for this role is between $75,100 and $100,100. This role is also eligible for annual incentive plan bonus. Benefits for this role include health insurance, pre-tax spending accounts, retirement benefits, paid time off, short-term and long-term disability, employee stock purchase plan, and life insurance. To review available benefits, please click here:
***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***