EvergreenHealth is looking for a Sr. Human Resources Business Partner working full-time in our Human Resources department located in Kirkland, Washington.
Supports all levels of leadership by providing guidance and consultation in the development and implementation of key business and human resources objectives. Functioning as the primary resource the HR business partner has the responsibility to provide direction and consultation as requested and on a strategic basis for a broad spectrum of HR matters including but not limited to performance management, employee and labor relations, workforce planning, compensation and leave management.
- Actively engages with management to assist in basic knowledge of business operations, employee performance and conduct expectations. Participates in department management team meetings. Serves as the primary contact for HR consultations.
- Counsels staff on work-related issues. Investigates and resolves charges of alleged discrimination, workplace violence, harassment, and other complaints; and provides objective and lawful solutions in accordance with State, Federal and local laws. Attends designated departmental staff meetings as needed to provide resources to Human Resources policies, procedures, labor relations and business practice inquiries.
- Collaborates with managers on all aspects of workforce planning including but not limited to organization change/transitions, acquisitions, restructuring and position description development and classification. Functions as the liaison for communicating changes with the labor unions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent education/experience
- 5 years progressive diverse experience in an employee and/or labor relations generalist role, preferably in a unionized healthcare setting, including managing complex employee/labor relations matters such as progressive discipline, legal matters, collective bargaining administration and support to the contract negotiations process
- Current knowledge of State and Federal laws and regulations pertaining to human resources and labor relations
- Strong written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills as well as the ability to work cooperatively with a wide variety of employees, physicians, volunteers and management
- Competency to analyze and develop human resources policies and procedures
- Demonstrated presentation and training skills
- Knowledge and experience working with a team approach
- Ability to work well under pressure within time constraints
- Ability to maintain productive work relationships with others and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with a diverse group of customers both verbally and in writing
- Ability to organize, plan and prioritize multiple tasks with attention to detail while managing multiple complex projects and priorities to successfully meet deadlines
DESIRED for the position:
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification