Financial-Sr Analyst for Information Technology - Secaucus, New Jersey
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It's about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can
expand your skills and knowledge. You'll have a role where you can act with
professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
The Senior Financial Analyst for Information Technology is a business partner to the IT organization members who are responsible for enhancing quality of IT infrastructure services, application development and project management in a cost efficient manner. This position will handle multiple assignments in a rapidly changing, fast paced environment with frequent direct interaction with IT business partners, and centralized corporate teams. The Senior Financial Analyst analyzes, classifies and reviews highly complex financial and business data and turns it into actionable insights for the business partners supported. This role conducts budgeting, forecasting, financial and operational analysis, Key Performance Indicator reporting. Plans and supports broad assignments and recommends changes to analytical and budgetary methods and processes, enabling value creation through business efficiency.
-Facilitate development of Forecasting / Budgeting process and tool for Enterprise Wide IT costs. Publish monthly forecasts and detailed analytics that will drive discussions regarding changes in views and related financial impact.
-Assume full accountability for all month-end close related activities and furnish IT team with analysis discussing variances to Forecast or Budget.
- Provide advisory financial consulting to the senior business leaders of organizations supported
Support business partners on various financial matters including in-depth analysis of business cases and financial modeling
- Help develop metrics and benchmarks to measure key initiatives and support real-time business decisions
- Identify, access, analyze, classify and review highly complex financial and operational data to put a fact base behind analytical frameworks
- Provide critical analytical support on strategic decisions. Lead financial reviews for Capital requests from IT team and make recommendations to IT Finance Manager and IT Finance Director on each proposal based on robust NPV and ROI analysis.
- Provide live support for all key contract negotiations. Develop models that would help understand variable and fixed costs in various contracts with a view to reducing overall costs paid to supplier of critical IT services.
- Provide analytics and reporting monthly around key cost savings initiatives.
- Serve as a key liaison for IT Project Managers and as subject-matter expert on all topics related to Project Accounting, including interpretation of rules around capitalization of labor component of each project. Develop and implement tool for tracking IT project costs.
- Support the IT community in understanding the accounting, cash and economic implications of each project and serve as key liaison and subject matter expert among IT, Finance, Corporate Accounting, Fixed Assets Accounting, and FP&A.
- Prepare projections for total IT capital and develop models that project depreciation impact for future years of total capital deployed in a given period.
- Work with Operations Excellence and Invigorate Director to drive down costs.
- Identify issues/opportunities to improve financial performance.
- Assume accountability for IT P&L and internal / SOX controls, including all month-end Close related activities
- BA/BS Degree in Finance or Analytical Field required, MBA or CPA preferred
Approximately 3-5 years of professional accounting, finance or engineering experience.
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge of operational and financial processes and practical application of financial and strategic analysis
- Demonstrates skill in working with senior management and functional subject matter experts.
- Demonstrated experience in the application of analytical methods of addressing business issues, with an emphasis on decision support analysis
- Demonstrated time-management and multi-tasking skills coupled with a keen ability to prioritize assignments
-Strong MS Excel, Power Point, database and Essbase / PeopleSoft experience desired
Competencies Critical for success in the Role:
- Business Partnership & Customer Focus
- Business Acumen & Strategic Thinking
- Performance Orientation
- Strong Ownership and Accountability
- High energy, Pro-active Change Agent
- Analytical Skills
- Excellent communications skills. Prior experience making formal and informal presentations to senior management a plus
- Active Listening
- Drive for Results
- Process and Time Management, Priority Setting
- Motivating Others
- Complex Problem Solving and Critical Thinking
- Judgment and Decision Making
- High level of Professional and Personal Integrity
- Ability to Operate in a Cross-functional Team Environment
- Excellent problem solving and financial modeling capabilities
- Strong leadership & professional presence
- No direct reports
Education Preferred: BA/BS Degree in Finance or Analytical Field. Advanced Degree in Finance or Business.