Reynolds American is evolving at pace - truly like no other organization.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A Sr Controls Engineer
SENIORITY LEVEL: Junior Level
LOCATION: Winston- Salem, NC
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
This role is part of Operations - Manufacturing
The role is responsible for the Manufacturing Controls Engineering organization that supports multiple factories with day to day support and implementation of critical controls related projects. The engineer will have technical assignments and be charged with applying standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria to make modifications and implement new equipment. They will be task with solving complex technical issues in a fast pace environment while adhering to regulatory requirements and standards.
Reports to: Senior Manager Controls Engineering
Reporting Level: 0
Geographic Scope: Local
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Responsible for technical assignments that further develop engineering skills usually under supervision of a more senior technical staff.
- Independently evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria using judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications.
- Lead assignments that have clear and specified objectives and require the investigation of a limited number of variables.
- Incumbent will receive instructions on specific assignment objectives, sophisticated features, and possible solutions. Assistance will be provided on unusual problems from more senior technical staff and work will be reviewed for application of sound professional judgment.
- Perform work which involves conventional types of plans, investigations, surveys, structures, or equipment with relatively few complex features for which there are precedents.
- May lead or coordinate the work of others.
- May require working on multiple shifts.
- Are you proficient in PLC, HMI, and SCADA programming?
- Do you have knowledge & experience with Siemens, Rockwell, or Beckhoff controls?
- Knowledge of PLCs, HMIs, and related equipment
- Experience in an FDA supervised work environment.
- Knowledge/experience with Coordinated Work Systems
- Manufacturing Process Control Systems
- BS Engineering Degree (Controls, Electrical, Mechanical, Electromechanical, Chemical),
- or AAS with 5+ years experience, or 5+ years comparable military experience
- Knowledge of SQL and Data Collections Systems
- Excellent leadership, communication and organizational skills.
- Manufacturing Process Control Systems
Reynolds American Incorporated is positively transforming the tobacco industry. Were a family of companies that strives for success in everything we do. The future inspires us because our people are igniting the breakthroughs that are redefining the ways adult tobacco consumers enjoy tobacco in the 21st century.
When other companies talk about growth, they only talk about size. At Reynolds American, we focus on the growth of our people. We take pride in each others growth and well-being throughout our careers. We invest in your career and total well-being because we know our companies succeed when our people thrive.
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION:
Reynolds American Inc. is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of British American Tobacco p.l.c., and the U.S. parent company of R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; American Snuff Company, LLC; Modoral Brands, Inc.; R. J. Reynolds Vapor Company; Lorillard Licensing Company, LLC; Reynolds Brands, Inc.; and Vuse Stores LLC. This position is with R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company (2004).
Here, youll have the opportunity to work on iconic brands and revolutionary products by collaborating with visionary, principled and passionate people every day.
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Targeted Annual Bonus
- Relocation assistance available for those who qualify.
Our company offers very competitive benefit plans, including:
- 401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation. Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
- Comprehensive health- and welfare-benefits package
- Eleven paid company holidays annually, plus a generous paid vacation plan based on length of service
- Company-paid sick and personal days, funeral leave and jury duty leave; Also Parental leave/Reduced Work Schedule
- Confidential personal financial counseling service
- On-site health clinics and fitness centers
- A matching grants program that enables employees to direct and double their donations to qualifying charitable organizations of their choice
- Health-care advocacy service
- Volunteer service opportunities
- Federal credit union membership through Allegacy Federal Credit Union
- Extensive training opportunities
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility and creativity for motivated employees that stands apart from the crowd.
We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences and talents to maximize the company's potential for successfully achieving its business objectives.
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly via email at .
California Privacy Notice