We Are Hiring: Enterprise Architecture (EA) is the interconnected systems of business, information, application, infrastructure, and security architectures that collectively implement the business capabilities required to accomplish business goals. Ascension Technologies Enterprise Architecture's vision is to be the connective tissue between business strategy and technology decision-making by nurturing the partnership and collaboration between the business and Ascension Technologies.
Ascension Technologies is seeking a Sr. Architect to join the Enterprise Architecture team. The successful candidate will partner with the business and other Ascension Technologies teams in designing robust integrated technology platforms and solutions aimed to solve complex business problems, fostering a digital-first approach, in support of Ascension strategic imperatives.
Focusing across multiple business and technology domains, the Sr. Architect designs enterprise reference architectures and technical roadmaps that are innovative, robust, scalable and resilient, leveraging existing platform investments as a first step. The ability to establish strong trusted relationships and lead conversations with C-level and executive business stakeholders will be key. This includes the ability to demonstrate strategic thinking, challenging conventional thinking and approach, influencing technology vision and direction in a positive, collaborative and consultative capacity.
This role will focus in the area of customer, provider and associate engagement as part of Ascension's Customer Relationship Management (CRM) strategy. This includes designing and enforcing system architecture and solution best practices on an enterprise scale, with a strong focus on commercial systems and digital initiatives.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team engaged in the reimagining of healthcare leveraging a digital-first patient-centered approach across the care continuum.
What You Will Do: Role Summary: Sr. Architects are specialists with broad knowledge and expertise across multiple business and technology domains. Ideally, the Sr. Architect is engaged early as part of strategic planning efforts or when a complex business technology need is first identified. They help assess the need, employing an enterprise horizontal view, documenting key architectural, process, integration and cost considerations, creating a unified point of view to inform and guide decision-making. This work is translated into strategic, actionable roadmaps which outline the business and technology path forward.
Working with other architects, the Sr. Architect provides consulting support to ensure the solutions being designed are platform oriented, compostable, decoupled and fit into the broader service-oriented architecture landscape and technology ecosystem, meeting defined Enterprise Architecture standards. The Sr. Architect also supports organization application rationalization efforts to standardize technology solutions as well as reduce the overall technology portfolio based on key performance metrics and other business drivers.
The Sr. Architect provides input and feedback on architecture governance and architecture design best practices.
Accountabilities: Detail by Level
- Works closely with key stakeholders throughout the organization to define strategies, points of view, roadmaps, workflows, reference architectures, and other deliverables to support technology selection, implementation, integration, and performance management.
- Demonstrates and applies strong expertise in modeling and architecture techniques in one or more of the following areas:
- Business Architecture
- Information & Data Architecture
- Application Architecture
- Technology Architecture
- Responsible for architecting solutions crossing multiple domains or business horizontal(s).
- Responsible for understanding dependencies between technology platforms and product(s) required to deliver a specified business solution.
- Works closely with partners inside and outside IT and across business communities in assessing technology requirements and identifying potential technology solutions, always assessing existing technology investments as a first step.
- Participates in cross-functional teams for developing and implementing new processes, standards and high level requirements. Works in conjunction with applications, security, legal, compliance, operations, engineering and other areas as necessary. .
- Works with Ascension Technologies teams to decompose requirements and identify impacted teams in alignment with agile processes.
- Designs, develops, modifies and adapts short and long-term solutions to information technology (IT) assessing new and existing applications and systems architecture.
- Applies business expertise to business problems to create high level application and end user system requirements.
- Works with solution architecture to make recommendations as needed.
- Contributes to the creation of business driven technology roadmaps.
- Solid experience with a variety of modern technologies/approaches including microservices architecture, event-based architecture, containers, cloud-based deployments, REST/API, mobile and web technologies to ensure availability, scalability, and reliability.
- Ability to quickly evaluate options, unlock enterprise challenges, make technology recommendations, and execute solutions within a diverse technology environment with multiple stakeholders inside customers' environments.
- Ability to communicate broad business initiatives and translate them into measurable objectives and concrete goals for other architects.
- Understand a business division or unit's desired end state business model including business strategy, value opportunity(s), service offerings, operations and structure.
- Identify core business capabilities and processes, the entities that interact with those capabilities, and the interactions between these core business capabilities.
- Gather, analyze and articulate high-level business and technology capabilities & requirements. Ability to ascertain business value from technology requests.
- Familiarity working in an agile-based environment.
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies.
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and gray spaces.
- Effective communicator and presenter with the ability to lead and influence across cross functional teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, prioritization and relationship management skills
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, conflict management and decision making skills
- Ability to produce high quality work products under pressure and within deadlines.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- 5 years of experience required.
- 10 years of experience preferred.
- 2 years of leadership or management experience required.
- 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering/computer science or related field preferred;
- Minimum of 3 - 5 or more years of experience devising and deploying solution designs and/or software development;
- Experience working in a large global IT environment strongly preferred.
- Must have experience at a large technology products and services organization. Ideal candidates will possess at least two years of consecutive relationship management experience.
- Three or more years experience in an information technology discipline with increasing responsibility.
- Deep understanding of Salesforce HealthCloud and Salesforce Marketing Cloud Platform strongly preferred, including an understanding of associated technologies, architecture, data governance, data analytics and overall product suite.
- Healthcare IT experience is highly preferred, ideally encompassing a broad range of business areas, care delivery settings, including related processes, integration and solution exposure.
- Agile experience preferred (at scale)
- Familiarity with The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) and architecture modeling tools a plus (e.g. Abacus, IBIS, Orbus iServer, MEGA, LeanIX, etc.)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Ascension Technologies is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status..... click apply for full job details