8901 - Corp Office West Crk - 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, Virginia, 23238CarMax, the way your career should be!
Senior Analyst - Innovation, Financial Services & Products
ABOUT THIS JOB:
The Senior Analyst - Innovation, within Financial Services & Products (FS&P), plays a critical role in defining and executing on the FS&P strategy. Responsibilities of this role include representing FS&P from a business, operational and customer experience perspective with internal business partners and existing, and potential, external strategic relationships. In doing so, this role will work closely with the Product Organization and various Product Teams focused on delivering innovative digital, and in-store products and experiences that will enable customers and associates to seamlessly shop and transact. This position provides a strategic thinker, possessing strong relationship, communication, and influencing skills the opportunity to play a key role in supporting the finance strategy related to CarMax's innovation and growth.
WHAT YOU WILL DO - ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
Innovation and Integration:
- Champion FS&P's key strategic initiatives by working cross functionally with Sales Operations, the Product Organization and other departments to evolve the consumer offering and drive value.
- Independently communicate with and support FS&P's external partners through business changes and new growth initiatives.
- Represent FS&P across the organization, specifically with various Product teams, as a SME for all aspects of Finance and Product offerings, including customer and associate needs, technology platforms, and the business needs of strategic partners.
- Monitor the auto finance industry, competitive trends, and technology and recommend new opportunities.
- Assist with initial selection, testing, and integration of new strategic partners to drive sales, generate new revenue opportunities and improve the customer experience.
Customer and Associate Experience:
- Maintain regular touchpoints with many Product Teams and influence those teams in order to minimize risks to the business and strategic partners and maximize efficiencies and value for both.
- Observe sales consultants, customer experience consultants, and customers and gather data to make recommendations that will improve the quality of our Finance and Products offerings and processes.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Working with the Director of FS&P influence internally and externally to shape how the Finance Business and the Product Organization evolves the customer and associate experience in a way that provides value for customers, associates, the business and strategic partners. This person will also take part in monitoring the auto finance and fintech industry and identifying, assessing and executing on business growth opportunities within the Finance and Product business. Lastly, this person will support and help drive projects to modernize, evolve, and drive efficiencies in the existing Finance and Products business.
QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the traditional Financial Products processes associated with shopping and transacting and protect business value and customer transparency as the process evolves.
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of the customer experience, the technical aspects and business rules of the CarMax credit platform, the business drivers of CAF and our finance and EPP partners, and the high-level architecture and technology that enables our digital finance products.
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining strong working partnerships throughout an organization and with external business partners.
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to manage multiple assignments.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Degree in marketing, finance, economics, accounting, business, related field or equivalent experience preferred.
- 4+ years of successful and relevant experience, ideally in Financial Products support or external provider interaction.
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.