About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
To provide 1st and 2nd line of support for all Global Markets users and accountable to plan, implement and subsequently maintain efficient, cost effective and highly resilient front office production systems (Infrastructure and Applications) and services to Group Audit and IT Technical Standards for Standard Chartered businesses. To provide technical support for all trader voice and e-business products
To directly monitor and track market data spend in country - for all Market Data users in the country
Role and Responsibility
To provide technical support for all Financial Markets business for the following applications and services:
- All Thomson Reuters/ Bloomberg/EBS Applications, including Market Data applications.
- All Front Office voice technologies, including dealer boards, voice recorder & intercoms
- Email, OA and Instant Messaging
- Desktop Computing Environment
- To provide 1st, 2nd & 3rd technical support for all Financial Markets business products and infrastructures (desktop, server, dealer telephony & market data).
- To prioritise resources to ensure services are delivered according to severity and urgency.
- Problem and Change (Scheduled change & request provisioning) Management - Incident/Change Management, Call logging, call trends, call reporting including high severity problem control. All Remedy related initiatives and updates. Ensuring standards are adhered to, or dispensations raised
- To apply knowledge of IT, Financial Products and Best Market Practice to ensure that SCB achieve the best possible return for any investment made within the following arenas; networks, market information systems, services and communications.
- Project delivery into the FM business - to schedule, to budget, to agreed standard
- To assist in the provision of business recovery sites to give the ability to conduct business transactions and monitor exposure in the event of a disaster.
- Responsible for the enforcement of global strategies and standards in all Financial Markets locations including ensuring risk / compliance, processes / procedures and security / build standards are followed
- Risk management control, SIP initiatives and reporting, including Technical audit compliance, directly and indirectly.
- Accountable for the implementation and ongoing verification of Security patch's (OS and Virus) within SCB locations.
- To ensure that technology related audit ready at any given point of time by maintaining all necessary details as per regulations.
- To raise risks in the appropriate forums and follow ORMAF - Operational Risk Management & Assurance Framework.
- To ensure processes, guidelines and procedures are in place and enforced for quality in installation, running, operating and support of all standard desktops, servers, local and wide area networking infrastructure, legacy systems and email system.
- To maintain and deliver cost and budget operating model for FMIS team
- Responsible for capacity planning, rota's, sufficient cover for business support and manpower are allocated correctly to service business needs
- To manage vendors including onsite support engineers (OSV) who are responsible for the ongoing support of the Financial Markets businesses to ensure a secure, stable and highly resilient environment.
- To run required team meetings and output the required reports.
- Awareness and understanding of the FM Group's business strategy and model FMIS appropriate to the role required
Responsible and follow Bank standard process within FMIS domain
- Service Management process
- Risk Management process.
- Vendor Management process (if applicable)
- Budget process (if applicable)
- Responsibilities relating to identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the Group, as well as an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individual plays in managing them.
- All responsibilities under the Risk Management Framework as defined within the Group's Risk management framework - both execution and supervisory
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the US FMIS to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge/Experience in managing IT support, operations, and project implementations in a wholesale bank environment including trading room or atleast 2 years, 1 st / 2 nd line support for Front Office environment
- Strong Market Data knowledge including
- Reuters DACS
- Reuters Kobra
- Reuters DBU's
- Understanding of the end-to-end IT infrastructure that supports the wholesale bank services, including mainframe, mid-ranges, client-server, networking, telecommunications
- Strong knowledge of e-business trading tools
- Strong PC / Server applications skills (MCSE Certified preferred)
- Understanding of telecommunications and trading voice systems including
- Witness/Nice Voicelogger
- BT Netrix or equivalent
- knowledge of client server technologies
- Strong knowledge of technologies and industry trends in relation to business requirements, and the direction of the Group.
- Clear understanding of IT security policies.
- Project Management skills
- Knowledge of Antivirus, Blackberry and Instant Chat Programs
- Strong team leading skills with an ability to motivate.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, and ability to communicate with the business
- Ability to prioritise and control activities and deliver results within budgetary and resource constraints.
- Independent and confident, but willing and able to harness the expertise of others.
- Ability to work effectively as part of global team
- Service Management skills and techniques
- Strong management of external (vendor) resources and services
- Strong troubleshooting/problem assessment skills
- Must be able to manage a distributed workforce.
- Must be able to mentor staff.
- Must be flexible in terms of tasks.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.