HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Specialist IS Business Systems Analyst - Product and Portfolio Management
Live What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world! In this vital role supporting Commercialization and Business Development Information Systems, you will focus on providing business analysis and solution development support for our Product and Portfolio Management (PPM) business partners to drive Amgens innovation, product strategies, and portfolio analysis in drug discovery. You will support Amgens business critical, cross functional processes through creative technology solutions to accelerate and grow Amgens pipeline of biopharmaceuticals. Our success in Commercialization and Business Development is inspired by our dedication to our patients, to our business clients, and to using technologies that deliver critical business value. .
Amgen Commercialization and Business Development Information systems is a distributed team of system and domain experts. You will be an active participant in all aspects of supporting the Commercialization and Business Development business function. The role requires aptitude to learn a complex business domain quickly and the agility to respond to rapidly evolving internal and external requirements.
- Create systems to enable end to end solutions to support and evolve PPM business capabilities
- Create and manage knowledge for the PPM domain
- Evaluate, analyze, and advise business processes supporting PPM and recommend solutions
- Help shape the technology portfolio through analysis contributions and the implementation of IS/process solutions for PPM
- Review functional and technical requirements to identify areas of risk and/or missing requirements
- Provide technical write-ups and drawings to promote the proposed solutions
- Collaborate with other high performing engineering team members to ensure all services are reliable, maintainable, and well-integrated into existing platforms
- Ensure effective communication between business area management, technical staff and vendors to analyze scientific needs and implement PPM solutions in data acquisition, integration and analysis
- Learn or know how to configure key city planning technologies (e.g. Salesforce, Tableau, Product and Portfolio Management)
- Conduct analysis and provide inputs for business case development
- Provide data analysis and solution architecting for our PPM ecosystem
- Communicates and collaborates cross-functionally across different IS and business teams to analyze and understand business needs and develop innovative solutions
- Supports overall operations, development and maintenance of specific services within the global IS team and develops expert domain knowledge in their assigned area.
- Partners with business and technology teams to elicit, analyze, translate, and document business requirements into functional and non-functional requirements.
- Support processes for custom development/ system enhancements, configuration maintenance, documentation, release management and support activities
- Analyzes, documents and tests program development, logic, process flows and specifications.
- Partners with business teams to conduct and/or support user acceptance testing.
- Supports global, regional and local PPM projects, liaising with colleagues locally and globally
- Identifies and assess risks and dependencies for custom developments and other system changes
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic professional we seek is an experienced Analyst with these qualifications.
- Doctorate degree OR
- Masters degree & 2 years of Information Systems experience OR
- Bachelors degree & 4 years of Information Systems experience OR
- Associates degree & 10 years of Information Systems experience OR
- High school diploma/GED & 12 years of Information Systems experience
- Bachelors degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, Engineering or Life Sciences
- Excellent organizational skills with critical eye for detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of, and experience with, implementing and supporting COTS (configurable off the shelf) applications in the life sciences industry
- Experience with working in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry and current approaches to product development
- Passionate about delivering innovative solutions for the business clients
- Ability to take ownership and/or responsibilities for tasks, issues, risks and drive them to resolution
- Ability to gain deep understanding of business domains
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to question thought partners across functional areas
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot problems that may arise in work products
- Ability to partner with software engineers and quality analysts to identify course of resolutions
- Strong understanding of basic system engineering, object-oriented design, information risk and security guidelines, and architecture standards
- In depth understanding of the various software development lifecycles
- Knowledge of or experience in Life, Physical or Computational Sciences
- Knowledge of or experience in portfolio, timeline, resource, and financial management
- Experience in Software Engineering and Development
- Strong learning agility, ability to pick up new technologies used to support commercialization needs
- Strong written and oral communication skills and technical expertise to be able to communicate effectively with business and technology partners
- Translating business requirements to technical requirements and recommend solutions
- Experience in relational database fundamentals and software quality methodology
- Understanding of agile methodology & DevOps frameworks with ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Strong familiarity with Scrum (Agile) methodology
- Strong familiarity with data engineering concepts
- Strong familiarity with formula syntax (Excel, PowerQuery, Tableau, etc)
- Familiarity with Drug Product Development and Clinical Development process and lifecycle
- Familiarity with Planisware
- Familiarity with Salesforce configurations
- Familiar with machine learning techniques (Python and R)
- Familiar with data analysis and reporting experience by using analytics, visualization and database technologies
- SQL, PL/SQL, .NET practical knowledge and experience with data profiling and analysis
- Project management and/or Business Analysis in support of diverse IS projects
- Work in global environment, able to impact and influence people, processes and projects
- Working knowledge of Agile and practical work experience delivering projects using Agile SCRUM methodology. Knowledge of software development methodologies (Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall, etc.).
- Excellent communication, presentation and conflict resolution skills and ability to identify, assess and resolve business problems/issue/risks and facilitate issue resolution and risk mitigation.
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Equal Opportunity Statement Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world..... click apply for full job details