Summary of Position:
Now seeking experienced Sous Chefs for our Hampton Social in Chicago, IL.
Responsible for the daily operation of the kitchen and kitchen staff. Assist Executive Chef in creating and maintaining all menus and recipes used in the restaurant, and for the preparation, presentation, and service of these menu items. Work with the General Manager and Executive Chef in setting the direction of the business in day to day operations as well as a plan to grow the business, drive sales and manage costs. Also assist in hiring, supervising and developing all kitchen staff.
- Find a Way - We will always find the best solution for all guests and team members.
- Positive Passion - We will be optimistic in our passion for what we do.
- Always Learning, Always Teaching- We will continue to teach, learn and encourage creativity and development.
- Respect and Care- We will be respectful of our team, our community and our guests.
- Hospitality Excellence - We provide an elevated level of service that thinks big. Relentless pursuit of exceeding guests' expectations and charming them along the way. We take pride in our home, so all our guests have to do is relax and enjoy
- Identify, train and develop key employees for growth, advancement and promotion.
- Understand and follow the food allergy procedure and special orders/restrictions.
- Perform a daily "walk through" inventory to prioritize product utilization.
- Assign production duties to all kitchen staff.
- Identify and communicate inventory and equipment needs to ordering Manager.
- Complete a daily product order.
- Perform a pre-shift line check to ensure quality of all items.
- Responsible for the purchase and ordering of all food product and supplies for the restaurant.
- Track high cost items according to standing operating procedure.
- Identify and communicate production needs to Pastry Chef.
- Meet daily with appropriate Manager/Chef to coordinate and ensure production standards, determine lunch and dinner specials, employee meals, complimentary pass outs and amuses, review kitchen personnel needs and issues, etc.
- Conduct shift cook meetings.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of recipe books prescribing ingredients, product specifications, and portion sizes, which become property of PRG.
- Maintain good quality standards including consistency and presentation.
- Coordinate proper food storage according to standard operating procedure.
- Communicate repair and maintenance needs to management.
- Ensure BOH employees understand and adhere to sanitation/safety guidelines.
- Safely and efficiently use knives and other tools, utensils and equipment necessary to complete preparation of menu items.
- Perform varied duties to ensure proper back of house operation according to standard operating procedure.
- Adhere to standing "zoning" procedures.
- Wear a hair restraint while on duty.
- Move safely through all areas of the restaurant, which may include stairs, uneven and slick surfaces.
- Must wash hands regularly, according to guidelines.
- Comply with all safety and sanitation guidelines and procedures.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Communicate cordially, effectively and clearly with all employees, managers and guests.
- Communicate in English in order to comprehend and perform/follow job requirements in written and spoken direction.
- Perform more than one task at a time.
- Perform calmly and effectively in an extremely busy and stressful work environment.
- Work in a confined, crowded space of variable noise and temperature levels.
Benefits and Compensation:
- Bonus Eligibility
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accept direction and constructive criticism from management.
- Be able to work a variety of hours, days and shifts, including weekends and increased work schedules.
- Maintain a positive, pleasant attitude every shift.
- Must be able to stand or walk for the majority of a shift.
- Must be able to work at approximately 36" table/bar and reach 36".
- Must be able to lift and carry sacks, boxes, product up to 50 pounds from floor to waist level, approximately 20 feet.
- Must be able to reach (6" to overhead), bend, stoop, wipe.
- Must be willing to perform other duties assigned as needed.
- Holds a current Serve Safe (or equivalent) certification.
- Have knowledge of service, food and beverage, generally involving at least one year of back-of-the-house operations.
- Ability to efficiently identify issues and problem solve.
- Commitment to quality, accuracy, timeliness, and results
- Possess excellent basic math skills and have the ability to operate a point of sale system.
- Must have the stamina to work 50 to 60 hours per week.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Effective interdepartmental collaboration and communication.
- Development of hourly Back of House staff members.
- Assist company efforts to optimize labor & product costs
- Maintain departmental budget expectations
- Get along with others and be a team player.
- Follow all uniform and appearance guidelines as befitting the image of the restaurant for the duration of the shift.
- Refrain from smoking for the duration of the shift.
- Arrive to work on time and in ready to work condition.
- Follow all rules, policies, procedures and conditions of employment outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- May not work under the influence of alcohol or any illegal drugs.
- May not resort to any type of violence, discriminatory or harassing behavior.
- Must successfully pass a drug and alcohol test within 90 days of hire date, where applicable.
Failure to abide by these and any other conditions of employment of the company set forth elsewhere can subject an employee to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Compensation based on experience