At American Family Insurance, we believe people are an organization's most valuable asset, and their ideas and experiences matter. From our CEO to our agency force, we're committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that empowers innovation that will inspire, protect, and restore our customers' dreams in ways never imagined.
Job ID: R23945 Solutions Architect - Investment Technology (Remote) (Open)
American Family Insurance is driven by our customers and employees. That's why we provide more than just a job - we provide opportunity. Whether you're already part of our team in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for what's next, you're in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team. Bring your dreams.
Compensation may vary based on the job level and your geographic work location.Compensation Minimum:$66,800Compensation Maximum:$107,000 Summary: Investments is seeking a creative, flexible solution architect/senior engineer to both build our future technology strategy and also be hands on in the deployment and support of systems. This is a small embedded tech team directly supporting our investment platforms and professionals, but also part of the larger organization that has shared services for technology.
This is a technical role supporting investment professionals. You should have a good understanding of computer networks, PC's and general technology components, but also a strong desire to learn more about new technologies. Candidates who also have a general knowledge of financial markets, bonds, and/or equities a big plus.
Candidates in a relatively regional area to the Madison, WI office preferred, but we are open to candidates across the United States who are open to traveling to the office as necessary for the position.
Very hands on position demanding high levels of knowledge, creativity, and flexibility. Ability to work with our Enterprise technology shared service organization and external vendors.
- Lead innovative, strategic technology initiatives such as creating a robust virtual office, utilization of cloud computing, implementation of a virtual desktop infrastructure, and leveraging AI and other emerging technologies to enhance investment research and analysis.
- Oversee the installation, configuration, upgrade, and administration of the Division's technologies, including workstations, cloud resources, peripheral equipment, and software.
- Serve as a technical advisor and SME to the Investment organization providing service delivery, guidance, and direction.
- Act as the primary contact point for requests, problems, and issues affecting the Investment unit.
- Contribute guidance and expertise in the design, implementation, configuration, maintenance, and administration of the Investment Division's technology solutions.
- Create and manage technology project plans and deliverables for assigned projects.
- Coordinate service delivery and problem resolution with third party service providers, Enterprise IT, and other business partners as needed.
- Ability to be flexible with working schedule to accommodate the needs of the Division.
- This position requires travel up to 10% of the time.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service.
- Strong technical background with experience in simple app/script development, system implementations, networking, cloud and other common business technologies.
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing test plans and strategies.
- Demonstrated experience working with process workflows and processing systems.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of process management and how technology can be used to automate and improve business processes.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies, practices, techniques and tools.
Experience with Bloomberg, Blackrock or other common investment systems a big plus.
Other tools and technologies include:
- MS Office
- Data management/ETL
Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of applicable background checks.
Offer to selected candidate is contingent on signing a non-disclosure agreement for proprietary information, trade secrets, and inventions.
When you work at American Family you can expect benefits that support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will have access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care of your health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual incentive, and a paid-time off program. In addition, our student loan repayment program and paid-family leave are available to support our employees and their families. Interns and contingent workers are not eligible for American Family Enterprise benefits.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Stay connected: Join Our Enterprise Talent Community!LI:DB1