Beckman Coulter specializes in lab automation to improve the efficiency, cost, and accuracy of medical laboratory testing. As a software developer on our research and development team, you'll be working on our next generation of clinical chemistry and immunoassay systems. You can expect to collaborate and coordinate with diverse development teams across the globe. You'll have the opportunity to work directly with scientists and marketing teams to ensure we have the right solutions to meet the needs of a constantly evolving healthcare environment.
As Software Project Manager for the Chemistry/Immunoassay team, you will work with global teams to bring a new product to market. We write software for robotic control, image processing, and use machine learning to optimize our system. Continuous improvement, including staying ahead with the latest tools and methodologies, is meaningful to us, and we want people who will help drive this goal.
We are looking for experienced leaders who have a consistent track record of crafting and supporting software plans that produce outstanding products. You will work with agile team leads (Product Owners and Scrum Masters) to make both short- and long-term plans to achieve business goals. You will need to evaluate trade-offs and coordinate priorities from a variety of different partners. The software project manager will work with leaders from other subject areas to build the overall product development schedule and coordinate hand-offs between functions. Management includes cataloging risks and analyzing the potential risks they present to the plan. You will work with teams to identify and remove impediments and issues, and work with managers to ensure accurate staff allocation. You will communicate progress and impediments to plan, build and manage progress dashboards and charts.
We balance the support of a committed team with lots of opportunities for individual growth and leadership. Growing your career with us will give you a chance to express your talent while fulfilling the mission of improving healthcare for everyone!!!In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Lead a large software backlog to ensure items are prioritized, sized, and are clearly defined
- Track progress to plan using strong visual management tools such as burn up charts
- Negotiate plan trade-offs with partners
- Produce documentation required for medical device regulatory clearance
- Communicate mission and vision to engineering teams to get results
- Drive multi-site and multi-team alignment sessions to coordinate plans and dates.
- Lead problem-solving teams on sophisticated engineering issues
- Be steadfast in making our process and product better. We plan time to solve our systemic problems and expect team members to help expose them and find creative solutions.
- Mentor others in crafting personal plans to complete their work
- Some domestic and international travel (
- Bachelors degree in engineering field with project management experience, or business/project management degree experience engineering teams, +9 years experience
- or- Master's degree +7 years experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to create reliable long term plans and account for schedule risk
- Strong prioritization leadership skills to focus team around most meaningful objectives
- Experience designing and utilizing metrics to drive business success
- Consistent track record for leading and mentoring others
- Capability to work successfully with internationally distributed teams, including some evening meetings.
- MBA or other additional project management certifications
- Familiarity with agile principles and scrum framework, CSPO or SCM certification a plus
- Skills to develop multifaceted visual management tools (Charts, plans, etc.) using tools like Excel, Power BI, SQL Reporting services, etc.
- Experience in application development and coding
- Knowledge of leading software through different lifecycle models
- Has used formal risk management processes
- Familiarity with medical device development regulations or similar regulated industry
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The "EEO is the Law" poster is available at:
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The "EEO is the Law" poster is available here .
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task