More information about this job: Overview:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.Responsibilities:
We currently have an opening for a React Software Engineer.
- Designs, develops, maintains, enhances, and supports web based multi-tiered business applications.
- Individuals holding this position are typically senior members of a product team mentoring junior team members, as well as working independently as a member of the team. They are expected to lead their team when needed. Incumbents should have a thorough understanding of modern technology landscape.
- This individual will also participate in Agile practices employed in the team.
- This individual will communicate with colleagues and other stakeholders to analyze complex business requirements and processes, assess available technologies, determine infrastructure, and recommend solution options.
- Incumbents will design and build application solutions which may involve diverse development platforms, software, hardware, technologies, and tools. Incumbent will participate in and help drive forward test automation effort as defined by the team.
- HTML, CSS, Sass
- Test Automation patterns and tools such as Specflow and Cypress
- Experience writing GraphQL or REST APIs (C# preferred)
- Object-oriented design, development, and implementation of business applications in current computing architectures.
- Knowledge of Azure functions, event grids, and service bus is a plus.
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related subject area; or equivalent work experience and training. Advanced degree and certification are desirable.
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.