Power the Possibilities
The CDK Global technology team is looking for collaborative innovators who are passionate about making their mark on emerging enterprise software products. We're building and developing cloud technology for the automotive retail industry
that will change the landscape for automotive dealers, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and the customers they serve.
Be Part of Something Bigger
Each year, more than three percent of the U.S. gross domestic product (GDP) is attributed to the auto industry, which flows through our customer, the auto dealer. It's time you joined an evolving marketplace where research and development
investment is measured in the tens of billions. It's time you were a part of something bigger.
We're expanding our workforce - engineers, architects, developers and more - onboarding early adopters who can optimize, pivot and keep pace with ever-evolving development roadmaps and applications.
Join Our Team
Growth potential, flexibility and material impact on the success and quality of a next-gen, enterprise software product make CDK an excellent choice for those who thrive in challenging, fast-paced engineering environments.
The possibilities for impact are endless. We have exceptional opportunities to evolve our industry by driving change through new technology.
If you're ready for high-impact, you're ready for CDK.
CDK Global is actively seeking an experienced DevOps Technologist to assist with software engineering across multiple products servicing our internal and external business partners and clients.
As the Lead of DevOps within the CDK Global Product and Technology team you will be a hands-on leader. Primarily passionate about driving the adoption of industry standard methodologies in automated build, deployment and reporting for the organization. Enabling seamless automation of deployment through our CDK Global Service and Internal/External cloud platforms.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Work with Product & Technology, Infrastructure, Enterprise Architecture, Product Development and Security teams to help formulate and implement DevOps best practices, governing policies and processes for existing and new applications/products
- Drive operationalization of new technologies quickly, including topics like cloud storage, software defined infrastructure, application container technologies and microservices architecture.
- Provide technical Leadership to define and implement DevOps strategies, will socialize the strategy, services and processes with all stakeholders and partners
- Define and implement service management processes that are consistent and aligned with our DevSecOps strategy
- Integrate with existing tools/processes where possible to improve visibility and standardization of our process/tools for ALM components
- Provide direction, implement processes and support SAST, DAST Security Scans for our products and define the DevSecOps strategy
- Define and implement dashboards to track and monitor key DevOps metrics including testing, defects etc.
- Drive continuous improvement for DevOps - Standardize, Integrate, Automate,
- Present/influence technology direction in business context to our partners.
- Identifying functional & non-functional requirements that are not currently met by the required capabilities and advocate solutions to address these gaps. Applying appropriate approaches to assessing trade-offs among architectural goals
- Provide input on growth and strategic initiatives including; hiring requirements, cost/benefit analysis, etc. to DevOps Manager
- Work independently with limited supervision. Coach and Mentor DevOps Engineers,
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar discipline, Masters a plus
- 5+ years' experience in Enterprise Application Deployment Automation and DevOps implementations.
- Technical leadership skills to influence and provide direction to own team as well as partners we collaborate with to execute DevSecOps strategies.
- Proficient in core languages such as Node.js and Java, as well as strong knowledge of DevOps Tools (like Jenkins, Ansible, Bamboo, Prometheus, JIRA etc.) as well as *nix environments
- Experience in Enterprise level Cloud Based Application Development and deployment
- Experience and understanding of Security Scans. DAST and SAST integration in an automated pipeline and familiarity with tools like SonarQube, Checkmarx, BurpSuite, AppScan is a plus
- Validated experience in containerization strategy, leveraging tools such as Docker, Kubernetes and Helm
- Experience developing and implementing Infrastructure-as-code using Terraform
- Familiarity working with AWS infrastructure environments
- Hands-on experience of CI/CD pipelines for both on premise and cloud environments using tools like Bamboo. Jenkins
- Knowledge of 12 Factor application principles, API Design and containerization
- Familiarity of application deployment and management patterns such as blue/green, canary, etc.
- Ability to implement observability standards for logging, monitoring, alerting, and other operational aspects of cloud applications, leveraging tools like Prometheus, Nagios etc
- Excellent presentation, documentation, communication and influencing skills, as well as skills which present/influence technology direction in business context to the partners
- Prior experience leading a team of professional and engineers
- Proven thought leadership, analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Experience working in a team-oriented collaborative environment
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.