OneMain Financial is currently hiring a Software Development Manager position within the iSeries Development group. The Software Development Manager will plan, control, and organize programming resources to complete ongoing and special projects.
Successful candidates will be able to:
- Manage a team of 6-10 software engineers consisting of employees and consultants. May also need to manage offshore team
- Work with cross functional teams.
- Interact with architects and technical leaders in arriving at the right solution.
- Identify, retain and promote talent.
- Drive completion of projects to be on schedule, and on time with excellent quality
- Measure variances of actual to plan
- Assign programming personnel to tasks/projects
- Publish programming schedule(s)
- Participate in resource planning
- Participate in setting project priorities
The ability to act independently while recognizing and eliminating errors is critical.
Candidates with proven abilities in monitoring programming/project status, implementation of corrective actions, development and monitoring of application standards, and ensure deliverables meet performance criteria are preferred.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Programming, or Related field
- 10 years of iSeries experience
- 2-3 years managing a team in a software development environment
- Hands on understanding of iSeries, COBOL, SQL
- Strong ability to build relationships with application and business teams
- Willing to be flexible, adopt and survive in chaos and change
Note: Employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
Because we want our team members to bring us their very best every day, we believe they deserve the right opportunities and benefits. That's why we packed our comprehensive benefits package for full- and some part-timers with:
- Health and wellbeing options for team members and their dependents
- Up to 4% matching 401(k)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Continuing education
- Bonus eligible
- Paid time off
- Paid volunteer time
- And more
OneMain Financial is the country's largest lending-exclusive financial company, proudly serving millions of customers with safe, affordable and transparent installment loans. Our customers turn to us every day?online and at 1,500 branches in 44 states?to help them take control and improve their financial lives with solutions for debt consolidation, medical expenses, household bills, home improvements and auto purchases. Our talented and dedicated team members constantly look for responsible ways to serve our customers when, where and how they want. It's all about doing the right thing?a mission that hasn?t changed for more than 100 years.