The General Manager connects Sitnasuak Native Corporation ("SNC") to the Subsidiary Company ("Company") and is responsible for strategy development, operation and marketing for the organization. The General Manager executes the strategic plans and leads a skilled team in the operation of the procedures and practices as set forth by the SNC CEO. The General Manager works hand in hand with the SNC CEO to establish a clear direction for the company, develop long term and short-range operating plans tied to budgets and aligned with the mission, provide effective and efficient support services, and deliver overall profitability of the divisional and/or subsidiary operations.
Purpose of Position
The General Manager supervises the title, escrow and marketing departments of the title agencies within Sitnasuak Financial Services and coordinates all internal business activities consistent with the operation of a title agency.
General Manager - Essential Functions:
The General Manager is ultimately responsible to lead the Company with the following attributes but not limited to these only:
- Connecter - Advises the SNC CEO on business operations and strategic initiative delivery results, ensures the SNC CEO and SNC and Company Boards have sufficient and up-to-date information and ongoing reporting to make good decisions, and empowers management and staff to maximize contributions for the good of the company.
- Visionary & Strategizer - Looks to the future to maximize opportunities, minimize threats, and optimize organizational strengths to deliver effectively sustainable operations and consistent growth.
- Decision Maker - Formulates strategic initiatives to keep organization on track with long-term desires of the SNC CEO and SNC and Company Boards, utilizes the best talent in the best placement, and maximizing resources.
- Accountability - Solely accountable to deliver desired results that create value for the customer and tightly connect the relationships between strategy, processes, architecture, resources, systems and empowerment.
Operations (Program, Product and Service Delivery) -
- Directs and manage day-to-day departments in a legal and ethical manner, in compliance with laws and regulations and in conformity with the goals and philosophies set by the SNC CEO and SNC and Company Boards.
- Oversees design, marketing, promotion, delivery and quality of programs, products and services.
- Oversees and supervises acquisitions and implementation and development of new ventures, lines of business, and existing operations.
- Expertly market Company's capabilities, experience, and performance in Business portfolio.
- Pursue untapped opportunities to secure new business; maintain relationships with existing clients.
- Negotiates contracts and other agreements on behalf of the Company.
- Stay abreast of business trends and best practices; cultivate professional contacts in the community to increase revenues and corporate visibility/brand recognition.
- Research and select quality and financially sound/profitable partnerships with vendors/clients.
- Identify financial, material, and human capital needs.
- Continually look for ways to improve efficiencies.
- Create and execute project work plans; revise as appropriate to meet changing needs.
- Establish engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
- Work closely with Company management team to ensure alignment with organizational and strategic objectives.
- Provide regular, accurate, and concise business overviews to the SNC CEO and Board members on a monthly basis.
- Recommends yearly budget for SNC CEO and SNC Board approval and prudently manage Company's resources within those budget guidelines according to current laws and regulations.
- Develop and implement effective annual budget which generates new revenue, reduces debt, protects assets, achieves efficiencies, and reduces or maintains general and administrative (G&A) expense with respect to increasing revenues while managing direct expenses to ensure corporate goals are met.
- Develop and implement annual sales and expense plans; ensure plans are clearly communicated and managers are held accountable for departmental goals.
- In conjunction with the SNC Chief Financial Officer, oversee the financial health of the Company, including investments, allocation and use of capital, tax strategies, and use of credit.
- Implements and monitors compliance program in accordance with all Federal and State regulations regarding title insurance and escrow.
- Effectively ensures management of the human resources of the Company according to SNC approved and authorized personnel policies and procedures that fully conform to laws and regulations.
- In cooperation with the SNC CEO ensures that the Company and its mission, programs, products and services consistently present a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders.
- Represents the Company in dealings with local, state, and federal organizations as well as the general public.
- Participate in various SNC functions as requested.
• Work as a "team-player" with employees and co-workers in a respectful and supportive manner.
• Commitment to Shareholder Hire preference.
• Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, safety rules and instructions.
• Work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the SNC CEO and Company Board of Directors.
This position supervises subordinate supervisors and indirectly supervises non-supervisory employees depending on the position. This position will be responsible and accountable for driving specific goals and initiatives, strategic planning, budgeting, personnel management, and reporting of the departments he/she oversees. This position is responsible and accountable to others in the Management Team of Sitnasuak Financial Services and the SNC Executive Team. This position is also responsible and accountable to manage vendors and contracts that are associated with this position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The majority of the work is performed in a fast-paced professional office setting, requiring a high degree of efficient and effective performance. This position has offices in the Anchorage office. The employee must exercise flexibility regarding last minute requests for project support and varied workloads. At times, there may be a need for occasional weekend and/or evening work to meet deadlines.
Preference will be given to Sitnasuak Shareholders and their descendants and spouses, and to Shareholders of other corporations created pursuant to the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act, in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2003-2(i).
Additionally, the Company's policy is to select, place, train and promote the most qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude and experience, so as to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees in compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws and without regard to non-work related factors such as race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, genetic information, or other protected status. When applicable, the Company's policy of non-discrimination applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, placement, layoff, compensation, termination, reduction in force and benefits.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Must have the ability to manage successfully a culturally diverse team and have the ability quickly to become a trusted partner with the SNC Board, SNC CEO and executive management team through collaboration and teamwork.
- Must possess the highest integrity and a strong sense of personal accountability for business performance and for accomplishing the corporation's strategic direction.
- Must have the ability to work long hours, manage high levels of stress and accommodate large volumes of unscheduled and scheduled work.
- As the primary individual responsibility for the business operations of the corporation, must be able to respond immediately to critical issues and effectively communicate, negotiate and diffuse any regulatory situations, safety risks or client issues.
- Ability to work successfully as a member of cross-disciplinary teams and with underwriters, lenders, realtors, and brokers.
- Knowledge of Federal, State and local laws covering business operations activities.
- Knowledge of managerial and leadership techniques and principles.
- Knowledge of budgeting methods and systems, business case development, strategic business planning, reengineering, organizational change strategies, performance measurement and project management.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common executive correspondence, contracts, financial reports and regulatory compliance documents...... click apply for full job details