Location: Taunton, MA
Date Posted: 07/13/21
Salary Interval: Salary
SAFELY Building America's Infrastructure Since 1972
Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC) in 1972. Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety, Quality and Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various companies throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy civil construction and paving industries. This year, The Middlesex Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 245th largest contractor in the country out of more than 35,000 construction companies and 44th of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Civil Contractors. The Middlesex Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando, Florida.
The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and Team Members living the core values ofSafetyfirst in everything we do,Qualityin all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do business,Professionalismin how we represent ourselves and the company,Strong Work Ethicthat produces positive results, andCommitmentto the Success of all Team Members and Stakeholders.
Our Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record while growing into a diversified "Top 100 ENR Company" and being recognized as "One of the Best Places to Work."
Please see HR for information on physical demands and work environment of this job.
Team Member Competitive Benefits:
- 401k Savings Plan with 25% Company Match
- Health/Vision/Dental Insurance
- Life/Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Voluntary Benefits
- Health Care Advocate
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Team Member Referral Program
Please complete the employment application for consideration of employment with The Middlesex Corporation.
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, or other legally protected status.
The Site Safety Manager is responsible for promoting and enforcing of the corporate Health, Safety & Environment ("HSE") program and providing safety support to construction operations. The position requires the ability to work collaboratively with field operations to support a safe work environment for Team Members while using independent judgment to resolve safety related issues.
- Complies with, enforces, and actively promotes all corporate safety policies and procedures in addition to ensuring adherence to our number one core value - Safety first in all we do.
- Assists the HSE Department in managing the overall corporate safety program by conducting, tracking and reporting on accident/incident, near miss reports, audits, engagement activities, observations, orientations, trainings and other related safety activities, as well as recordkeeping of related documents
- Assists the project in work planning and development of job hazard analysis and safe work procedures Performs regular field safety inspections, accident/incident investigations (including root cause analysis), industrial hygiene assessments and safety audits on active construction projects
- Prepares daily and weekly reports on all safety activities
- Conducts safety orientations and training in small and large group environments
- Performs additional assignments as required by the needs of the Company, or as otherwise directed
- Bachelor's degree in a safety related field strongly preferred
- 3-7 years of field safety experience in heavy civil construction, transportation or related field
- Knowledge of general construction safety and health regulations, including OSHA
- Certified Health & Safety Technician (CHST) certificate or equivalent strongly preferred
- Experience with Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) preferred
- OSHA Authorized Construction Trainer
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong computer skills including Office 365 productivity suite
- Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
- Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated, dedicated and hard working
- Above average organizational skills
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Willing to travel within region
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Middlesex Corporation is an "Equal Opportunity Employer-Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons"