The following information should be considered a comprehensive description of this position, it should also be noted that some responsibilities and duties may not be specifically addressed. Summit emphasizes a team approach and fully expects every person to perform any reasonable task or request that is consistent with fulfilling company objectives. Summit reserves the right at any time to change or amend these descriptions as necessary.
- The Service Technician will diagnose and perform minor and routine maintenance or repair work for including, but not limited to: electrical, plumbing, HVAC, appliance, water irrigation, gates, fences, flooring, roofing, lighting (interior and exterior), gas fixtures and appliances (if applicable), cabinetry, doors, locks, windows, water leaks, security systems, fire protection equipment and outdoor amenities such as pool and spa/hot tub
- Ability to troubleshoot corrective maintenance problems
- Knowledgeable on basic use and safety of various tools including but not limited to key machine, wrenches, drills, compressors, testing meters, etc.
- Assist with maintaining the make-ready board electronically and/or manually
- Service Technicians need to ensure vacant apartment homes are restored to "rent ready" status within Summit standards
- Maintain accurate records in accordance with Summit policies and procedures regarding EPA/OSHA standards
- Participate in the creation and execution of the preventative maintenance schedule
- Complete service requests in a timely manner
- Keep office team up to date on status of service requests that exceed Summit standard
- Ensure the physical condition of the community and immediately report and correct unsafe conditions
- Ensure the pool/spa (if applicable) meet chemical standards as required
- Maintain maintenance shop; must be safe, clean and well organized with adequate inventory
- Monitor client expectations through resident satisfaction phone calls and in person discussions
- Maintain market awareness of competitors
- Identify all utility meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture cut-offs and sewer cleanouts. Service Technicians work with the Service Manager and Community Manager to maintain an emergency property map listing important pieces
- Participate in the maintaining of service request and vendor files
- Ensure SDS on file for all chemicals
- In partnership with Service Manager, the Service Technician will also train and motivate service team members
This position must provide their own tools. Tools needed:
- Hand tools: wrenches, grips, screwdrivers, etc.
- Power tools: drills, wrenches, sander, saws, etc.
- Measuring devices: calipers, voltmeters, ohmmeters, testing meters, etc.
- Detail oriented
- Time management
- Conflict management
- Strong communication skills
- Independent worker (self-motivated)
- Customer service oriented
- Motivating to others
- Stand, walk and sit alternatively depending on specific needs of the day
- Ability to:
- Push, pull, bend, stoop, squat, kneel, climb stairs and reach above shoulders
- Lift up to 80 lbs.
- Work indoors and outdoors (in various weather)
- HVAC certification required
- 5 years experience in maintenance/facilities within property management and/or hospitality
- 5 years experience working with customers and providing customer service