Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
- Lead Footwear sourcing to achieve the needs of the brands on a global, regional and local level. Ensuring customer requirements for product innovation and performance are fully met. Create a dynamic environment for the footwear team in which to build an industry leading organization.
- Establishes, monitors and maintains a flexible and dynamic structure reflective of business needs to ensure effective and efficient operations .
- Establish and implement strategic direction for Footwear Sourcing globally; ensure direction is consistent and in support of overall corporate goals.
- Create/set strategy and maintains a global supply base (Tier 1 and Tier 2) capable of meeting the needs of the business and company standards, in speed, innovation, quality and price, delivering reliability and consistency.
- Represents at the highest possible level in public an adidas image of professionalism and integrity. Is fully informed and aware of factors (political, trade, economic, strategies) likely to impact business operations and can respond accordingly.
- Ensures Sourcing Footwear operates effectively and within the guidelines and policies of the company.
- Steer operational activities ensuring delivery on speed, quality, cost, availability, innovation and sustainability.
- Works closely with all support functions of Sourcing (e.g. IT, HR, Finance, Legal, Communications) to ensure an efficient and effective service for all Footwear functions and locations.
- Works closely with the adidas Social & Environmental Affairs (SEA) team and ensure compliance of the corporate SEA responsibilities and objectives.
- Work closely with Global Operations counterparts in continuously researching and implementing systems, procedures, and processes, which elevate customer satisfaction levels, achieve product and service excellence and establish industry cost leadership.
- Drive Cross functional excellence by building effective working processes between the core function of Sourcing (including Quality) and Project Management, the Materials, Costing and Supply Chain functions to achieve business targets efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure that all operations comply with relevant local laws (general and labor) respecting basic human rights, health and safety of all employees and the environment.
- Translate the strategy into clear objectives and KPIs towards management group/subordinates to build a leading organization that is efficient and helps the company to become a leader in the footwear industry relating to quality, volume, style and cost of sourced products.
- Build a team capable of delivering the company needs and objectives, motivate, stimulate, develop, educate, reward. Forms the appropriate structure to manage the organization, identify and developing the future talent.
- Manage footwear sourcing globally, within the agreed budget.
- Tier 1 and Tier 2 Suppliers
- Sourcing Management
- Other Group Functions management, including SEA, HR and Performance Management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
- Advanced knowledge of the Sourcing industry
- Ability to think big picture, visionary and strategically thinking
- Financial savvy involving the understanding and effective management of key financial issues that impact the business
- Proven record in developing sourcing strategies and programs on a global basis involving supplier partnership; advanced understanding of risk management.
- Proven record in leading and managing complex and difficult negotiations resulting in win/win conclusions.
- Excellent ability to lead teams across multiple geographies through vision and value, and provide a framework for performance, develop leaders and manage talents
- Excellent ability to lead discussions in diverse groups
- Fluent English; German/Asian languages an advantage.
- Computer literacy (MS Office and database understanding)
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Undergraduate university degree or technical education; preferred focus on business, engineering, international trade, or related fields
- 10 years' minimum progressive work experience in the apparel, footwear industry, specializing in sourcing, production, product development, and/or materials/textiles; or directly related field with appropriate management experience, ideally in the sporting goods segment.
- Proven record of leadership and accomplishment in a multi-national environment.
- Experience in creating and managing budgets.
At adidas we have a winning culture. But to win, physical power is not enough. Just like athletes our employees need mental strength in their game. We foster the athlete's mindset through a set of behaviors that we want to enable and develop in our people and that are at the core of our unique company culture - the 3Cs: CONFIDENCE, COLLABORATION and CREATIVITY.
- CONFIDENCE allows athletes to make quick decisions on the field, to reach higher. For us at adidas confidence means acknowledging that we don't have all the answers. But we are willing to take risks, we try new things. And if we fail, then this is part of our learning - it helps us improve.
- COLLABORATION. Every elite athlete relies on partners: coaches, teammates, and nutritionists. We, too, know that we are stronger together. Winning as one team takes open and candid dialogue, inclusiveness and trust in each other's abilities and talents.
- Being the best sports company in the world takes CREATIVITY. No great athlete succeeds by copying their predecessors' training plans and strategies. We have to be open to new ideas, explore, gain an edge and stand out. Only then can we succeed.
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.Job Title: Senior Vice President Sourcing FTW