This is a Salt Lake City-based position
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Define the regional "go-to-market" strategy to achieve and align prospect-to-matriculate projections for the colleges. Establish clear priorities, initiatives, and goals - aligned with colleges and university plans - to achieve goals and projections for "access" and graduate "outcomes."
• Align with colleges and student success organizations to improve the student success and attainment measures for student outcomes, such as pace, progress, persistence, satisfaction, attainment, etc.
• Coordinate with Marketing organization, and align with marketing efforts, to execute lead generation and prospect initiatives to increase awareness, reputation, and applicant interest within target populations and workforce sectors.
• Oversee performance and accountability for leads, applicants, enrollment, matriculates by population / program / college in achieving expected outcomes and aligned with mission to expand access.
• Develop regional partner strategy to increase awareness, credibility, reputation, and prospect / graduate potential with key workforce (employers) and academic partners (community colleges, peer institutions, CTE providers, etc.). Directly resource, manage, and measure performance for sourcing, developing, and executing partnership agreements.
• Manage the national strategy for field marketing - partner marketing, field activities, events, etc. - that drives goals relating to prospect management, awareness development, partner enablement, etc. Develop and resource a regionally based field organization consistent with plans and budgets.
• Define and Manage the execution of regional public relations and brand reputation and awareness development.
• Coordinate priorities and execution with WGU Policy and External Affairs teams to ensure alignment and shared success. Including, engaging in national government, policy, industry and trade groups to increase standing, reputation and credibility among influencers, and expand WGU access and reach through public and sector programs, policies, and initiatives.
• Define, resource, and manage the strategy and priorities for developing graduate and alumni services to improve graduate reputation, credibility, access to employers and opportunities, affinity among alumni, fundraising and alumni giving, etc.
• Write and oversee execution of multi-regional strategic plan.
• Demonstrate clear accountability for key student and operational success measures and goals. Develop the same accountability within team and key leaders. Demonstrate ownership in bi-weekly, monthly and quarterly governance practice.
• Project executive presence and deliver professional presentations to a broad range of constituents with the strategic discipline / acumen to motivate, activate partner interest, etc. with the authority to negotiate and commit to contracts with national partners.
• Inspire and motivate leaders, managers, teams to meet and exceed expectations. Develop and recruit top talent and future leaders.
• Collaborate with academic, technology, university development, and administrative leadership, faculty and team members across the university to serve students, as well as workforce, partners and employers.
• Authentically reflect and portray the mission of WGU.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
The successful Sr. Vice President Regional Operations is an experienced strategic and operational leader, who is accomplished at driving results through effective planning and well-governed execution of critical priorities, initiatives and activities. This leader thinks holistically and operates on behalf of the university in advancing its mission, and the focus on student outcomes, especially for the region, but for the benefit of the whole. This leader balances long-term direction with short-term priorities to drive mission-driven outcomes for students, partners, and industry. S/he is a fiduciary and holds oneself accountable to both outcome and financial efficiency / effectiveness measures to ensure prudence in the deployment of budgets. S/he is a multi-dimensional leader, from strategy to planning to execution, with depth of reasoning and experience across the diverse set of University operating functions to inform the strategy and go-to-market priorities and initiatives to drive outcomes. Works interactively across WGU, and earns trust and authority through demonstrated command and expertise relating to strategic and operational scope of responsibility. These qualities are driven by the following competencies:
• Student focus - always keeps the student at the center of what we do, and why we do it. Makes decisions and guides efforts to improve and expand value for students, and secondarily for employers. Demonstrated and documented track record of measuring and improving process quality, student value and institutional efficiency.
• Collaborates and earns trust - proactively engages internal and external leaders and defines priorities that enable peer organizations to realize shared goals and priorities. Exceptional and persuasive communication skills, oral and written, in addressing internal and external audiences. Delivers on personal and organizational commitments.
• Strategic thinking - applies broad strategic direction, with university-wide impact, and in a distributed organization context.
• Execution- and Results-oriented - focused on results, not just activity. Exceptional skill and demonstrated success in delivering and improving results in a higher education senior leadership role. Strong bias for, and practical experience in, measuring and improving performance metrics.
• Thinks big / innovation - formulates a bold vision, sees around corners, and inspires results. Fosters creative thinking and brings innovation successfully to market. Experience in entrepreneurial business operations experiencing rapid growth
• Managerial breadth - demonstrated extensive management/operating experience
• Managerial courage - willingly tackles difficult topics and conventional thinking; doesn't hold anything back that needs to be said.
• Negotiation - can negotiate and influence skillfully and professionally in tough situations with both internal and external groups while maintaining relationships.
•sales measuring and improving
• Team and individual development - Achieve personal success through the success of others, both inside and outside the direct line of leadership. Defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging; hires and develops top talent and future WGU leaders.
Education: Bachelor's degree, graduate/terminal degree a plus, MBA preferred.
Experience: 10+ years of executive experience in roles of progressive responsibility. Proven track record of organizational design, planning, execution and performance attainment. Higher education and accreditation experience are a plus. Performance history demonstrating consistent year-over-year growth and improved performance within scope of responsibility. Combination of experience and demonstrated presence for engaging in diverse external arenas - partners, policy, press, etc. Strong networks - academic, workforce, government, etc. - are highly desirable. Experience and proven track record with sales is highly desired. Experience leading operations organizations in a large and distributed company is preferred.
Other: Ability to travel is required.
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah. Relocation assistance is available.