We are pleased that you are exploring Hyatt Hotels Corporation. We believe our customers select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who work hard to provide efficient service and meaningful experiences. We care about our associates and our customers. This is the Hyatt Touch. Our commitment to Diversity is best evidenced by our focus on company-wide diversity initiatives. We continue to be recognized as one of America's best companies for minorities in rankings based on information about recruiting and employment practices. Associates of Hyatt are given the tools from the first day to make a difference. Hyatt offers comprehensive and competitive benefits for all associates. Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance, yet reaps great rewards - whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive working environment. If you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you. Come meet the people with the Hyatt touch.
The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing, operating, and maintaining Linux & Windows systems, servers, and related components to ensure high levels of availability and security of the system. This person will lead in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure Hyatt's infrastructure provisioning and maintenance is consistent with organization goals, industry best practices, and security requirements
Maintain and support software release platforms including redesign, upgrades, and day-to-day operations with minimum to no supervision needed.
Provide documented architectures patterns, engineering designs, including implementation plans of traditional and cloud-based solutions utilizing industry best practices.
Define and document Infrastructure Project requirements, architectures, low level designs, and integration plans of data connectivity needs for business-critical workloads.
Drive Infrastructure as Code adoption, deployment automation, and self-service tooling.
Effectively work as a member of a team and participate in Agile/Kanban process. Train, mentor, and assist other team members.
Work closely with internal Hyatt colleagues globally to troubleshoot complex issues.
Provide operational support of Hyatt Infrastructure and participate in on-call rotations.
Monitor vulnerability management and support compliance initiatives.
Bridge cross-functional teams by driving standard tooling and techniques in marching towards a shared vision.
Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values.
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- 7-8 years administering Linux, AIX, and Windows environment in a virtualized/cloud infrastructure.
- Continuous 7 years of experience bootstrapping Linux, Windows, and docker environments. Familiarity with Packer or similar tools for creating custom golden images.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with Shell Scripting/Perl/Python. Automation experience is a must.
- VMware - experience in Virtualization/VROPs/VR Automation
- Comfortable of using GIT commands and version control for Infrastructure as Code operations.
- Must have strong customer service skills with an excellent demeanor (friendly, cordial) and exhibit good interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to think quickly in high stress situations, effectively evaluate, and making informed decisions for the completion of tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills to collaboratively work with extended teams, all levels of management, vendors, and consultants.
- Must be able to manage his/her own time, projects deliverables, and work through a common tactical goal with the team.
- Strong knowledge on DevOps practice, automation techniques, and CI/CD tools (Stash/GIT, Packer, Jenkins, Rundeck, Ansible, Terraform).
- High level knowledge and experience in the following areas: patch management, vulnerability management, app/DB clustering, OS upgrades, and system monitoring.
- Strong knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure: AWS and Azure (virtual networks, compute, load balancers, object storage, cloud relational databases, CDN, DNS)
- Strong knowledge on Cloud Governance Frameworks and Center for Internet Security (CIS) standards.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical field
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Professional Cloud Certification (AWS/Azure)
- Computer Skills Needed to Perform this Job
- Scripting (Bash, Python, HCL, YAML)
- Significant expertise in any Linux kernel (Redhat, Centos, Ubuntu, AIX).
- Working knowledge of networking and network service fundamentals (routing, load balancing, DNS/DHCP, firewalls)
- Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Additional Comments and Requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work within a team or on an individual basis
- Willingness to be part of an on-call rotations and occasional off-hours work as required