Candid is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer with knowledge in building and maintaining various cloud and internal IT systems. The ideal candidate will have experience with AWS, containers, Active Directory, and as well as having a fundamental understanding of IT security.
Position: Senior Systems Engineer
Reporting to: Director of System Services
Location: Downtown NYC
Responsible for designing and implementing enterprise infrastructure and platforms required for cloud computing. Analyzes system requirements and ensures that systems will be securely integrated with current applications. Has a deep understanding of system development in cloud environments. Works on advanced, complex technical projects. Support and maintain Candid's Cloud computer systems and software; provide technical guidance to Candid staff; interact with vendors for maintenance and support as needed. Provide primary technical guidance and knowledge to management when making key technical purchases or decision.
· Design, plan, and oversee our cloud infrastructures (AWS, Azure).
· Design, plan, and oversee containers (Docker, Kubernetes).
· Design, plan, and oversee information security covering infrastructure, resiliency, data security, network architecture and design, and user access management.
· Perform security assessments of applications and infrastructure.
· Provide operational risk and regulatory compliance support and consult on projects and initiatives.
· Oversee Active Directory management, support, and security.
· Provides solutions in relation to specific developer and business problems.
· Expeditiously resolve production network and server issues when services are not available.
· Troubleshoot and resolve service issues with minimal impact to business groups.
· Ensure that all systems data are backed up and archived to company policy.
· Performs other duties that may be assigned by management.
· College degree strongly preferred; equivalent experience will also be considered.
· Minimum of 7+ years of IT experience with at least 3 years of experience as an AWS Engineer
- AWS Certifications preferred
· Microsoft Certification or equivalent training a plus
· Experience in designing, implementing, and managing Microsoft Active Directory
· Experience with endpoint protection technologies, endpoint detection and response, anti-virus, anti-Malware, etc.
· Understanding of security technologies, including, vulnerability management solutions, privileged access, and general security background
- Experience in designing, implementing, and managing systems that offer self-healing capabilities
- Experience in migrating and transforming enterprise workloads in the cloud
- Practical knowledge of cloud shared responsibility model and security best practices.
- Practical knowledge of cloud foundations including:
- Networking: DNS, Security Groups, NACLs, Routes, transit gateways, etc.
o IAM: Roles, Control Policies, Organizational Units, etc.
· Proficient in the installation and maintenance of Windows Operating Systems; Linux a plus.
· Ability to coordinate multiple tasks efficiently
· Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
· Sensitive and respect for racial, gender, sexual orientation, and cultural differences.
· Champions and represents Candid's core values: We're driven, direct, accessible, curious, and inclusive.
· Willingness to perform other duties and special projects as needed/requested.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume and cover letter to:
Please put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. Your application will only be considered if all instructions above are met.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Due to the high volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we can only contact candidates that we would like to interview.
Candid is an EO/AA/VET/DISABLED Employer.
We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.