Required Security Clearance: Top Secret/SCI with CI Polygraph, Top Secret/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph
8570 Category Requirement: IAT Level I
8570 Specialist Requirement: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Schedule: Full Time
City: Fort Meade
Base-2 Solutions is looking for a system/network administrator that provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems. Manages IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems. Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc. Provides Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution. Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers. Provides support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process. Configures and manages Virtual and storage environments; Linux, UNIX and Windows operating systems; installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity; and configures virtual, storage and network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
This role will support Health, Status, and Monitoring tools in a tier 2/3 environment. The role will perform architectural and technical analysis of the tools, recommending changes or updates, and performing those duties. This role will also sustain the monitoring tool environment. This role will work with the product managers and customer leadership to ensure that all products are monitored as required.
- System Monitoring tool experience (such as HP Tools / OneView, Sitescope, etc.)
- VMware experience
- Atlassian (Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, etc.)
- Must have completed and remain current on all Cyberspace Workforce Improvement Program (CWIP) certification requirements. Level I required at start and must obtain Level III within 6 months after start.
- Configure and manage Linux/CentOS operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoot, maintain integrity of and configure network components, along with implementing operating systems enhancements
- Support the design of systems, mission architecture and associated hardware
- Analyze and resolve complex problems associated with server hardware, applications and software integration
- Fifteen (15) years experience as a system administrator is required.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Five (5) years of additional system administration experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.