At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways -developing many of the world's most innovative and sustainable solutions across the built environment. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of 15,000 creative minds dedicated to shaping a better world and aligning our business with the UN Sustainable Development Goals. We have a particular focus on supporting the decarbonization of the built environment. Our integrated and holistic approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients' needs.
Arup is seeking a senior sustainability consultant to join its dynamic and growing team in Boston to lead and handle a wide array of sustainability projects. The practice includes both building and master planning work with a strong technical focus. This role will be focused on existing and new building projects, conceptual energy, carbon, and sustainability advice for buildings, leading certification processes, and developing innovative design strategies to achieve a high level of building performance for environmental and human health outcomes.
The senior position requires a motivated self-starter with a technical background and excellent communication skills to lead projects, author proposals, manage technical and financial performance, liaise with clients and develop original innovative approaches and solutions for a specific project. The candidate should have a consistent record of delivering LEED-certified or other building certification projects and have an excellent understanding of building systems performance.
The candidate must have a technical buildings background as well as a good understanding of and passion for the intellectual basis of sustainability and the way in which this affects the built environment.
A key part of the role will be to lead projects and handle existing internal and external clients. The candidate should have a track record of successful projects and clients and will have a strong background and understanding of the codes and regulations driving sustainability in Massachusetts generally, and specifically in Boston and Cambridge.
The role will include day-to-day management of projects, interfacing with and directing technical Arup staff on projects, attending client meetings, facilitating workshops, communicating technical information to non-technical audiences, process management for sustainability certifications, and quantification of sustainability impacts using life-cycle analysis and other metrics. Strong candidates will have experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary team and with a proven track record in leading buildings projects in the area of sustainability including:
* Conceptual design advice and defining sustainability goals and objectives for a project
* Low Energy and Carbon Neutral Design
* Health and wellness design strategies including healthier materials
* Rating system benefits and applications including administration and specification writing
* Sustainability master planning and capital planning
* Parametric modeling and optimization analysis
* Hold a Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Planning, Urban Design, Architecture, Engineering or a closely related field. A Master's degree in a similar field is preferred
* Have 7 or more years of relevant work experience with a consistent track record
* Hold a CEM, PE, AIA and/or LEED accreditation
* Have project management experience including the management of sub-contractors
* Have familiarity with sustainability rating systems especially LEED, WELL and Fitwel, GHG reporting protocols, energy and/or climate analysis software
* Be able to evaluate renewable energy options for projects and assessment of available incentive programs
* Be a creative, motivated and technically-minded individual that is able to work both independently, with limited oversight and seamlessly across a multi-disciplinary team
Arup is an employee-owned company that offers an excellent benefits package. Outlined below are a few of the benefits Arup has to offer you as a FT employee of the firm:
* Global Profit Share - paid out bi-annually
* Personal Health Insurance
* 10% 401K matching
* Paid Time Off (PTO)
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to grow. EOE including disability/veteran.