Primary Location: 195 Technology Dr, Irvine, CA, USA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 215732
Cox Automotive, a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is seeking a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our Consumer (Kelley Blue Book and Autotrader) team.
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer you will be responsible for assisting teams to deliver secure, reliable and performant solutions used by millions of visitors, dealers and partners. The Senior SRE is responsible for identifying, implementing and assisting our teams with multiple initiatives including resilience, security, performance and availability, appropriate use of tools and processes, and product quality initiatives.
Cox Enterprises is a family-run operation that began nearly 120 years ago. As part of this great family business, we treat our team members and clients like theyre just that - family. This atmosphere has been instrumental to our success and has shaped our willingness to fuel epic innovation, drive unprecedented growth and deliver the mind-blowing, needle-moving, connected experience we promise.
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars. Come join the transformation!
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Provides technical expertise and domain knowledge of practices related to resilience, performance, security and similar topics to assist our engineering teams to deliver reliable, performance and secure servers to our visitors and partners.
- Actively participates within our Scrum teams to help design, develop, test and deploy solutions.
- Helps define and promote best practices and guidelines to ensure continuous improvement in resilience, quality, scalability and performance within the engineering team.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities by actively researching, recommending and implementing learnings from team members, partners, and industry resources.
- Anticipates future technology needs based on business requirements and participates in the evaluation, selection and rollout of new technologies and tools.
- Helps to define relevant technical skills needed, including patterns, security, resilience, programming languages, certifications, performance, software design, documentation, etc.
- Optimize solutions for reliability and performance.
- Ensures that standards are followed for technical excellence, including relevant certifications.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, or related field, from a four-year college or university, or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Relevant industry certification, similar is preferred.
- 5 or more years of experience related to the design, development, implementation, and operation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and major Internet applications and systems.
- Minimum 3 years working experience with AWS technologies
- Strong understanding of software development best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Passionate about continuous improvement related to reliability, performance, security and best practices.
- Strong oral, written, presentation and listening communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong reasoning, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with architectural frameworks such as the AWS Well-Architected Framework
- Experience in web and/or distributed application design.
- Strong understanding of concepts related to modern API and service design
- Experience in version control such as Git and Stash.
- Experience in Continuous Integration/Delivery toolkits such as Code Build/Deploy, Jenkins/Puppet.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
Theres nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accomodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accomodation would cause an undue harship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.