RCM Technologies - Energy Services Division - Thermal Kinetics, Buffalo, NY
RCM Technologies, Inc. (RCMT) is a premier single-source provider of engineering, business and technology solutions. Since 1971, RCMT's core strengths and expertise are a result of more than 5 decades of successful hands-on project experience across numerous industries such as Aerospace/Defense, Energy, Financial Services, Life Sciences, Manufacturing & Distribution, Public Sector and Technology.
We continue to expand our service offerings by developing additional capabilities in complementary and compatible technologies and business processes. Our goal is to provide comprehensive, single-source integrated solutions with multiple delivery options so that we can better serve our clients' needs in particular industry environments.
With a strong geographic presence throughout North America, international business alliances and partnerships with major technology companies, RCMT has the proven track record to help clients maximize performance results and create sustainable value.
RCMT Energy Services
RCMT's Energy Services Division is a comprehensive Engineering/Architectural design and construction management firm providing clients with total solutions for their project needs. RCMT provides the highest quality services in all engineering disciplines to utility, industrial, commercial and institutional customers.
At RCMT, we believe the key to success is working with our clients to define the correct technical staff and resources necessary to assure each project phase can be executed within the client's guidelines. This requires technical personnel with a depth of experience in all phases of project execution.
- Over 450 Engineers and Technical Designers on our staff ready to support our clients with their routine and complex engineering needs.
- Experienced, multi-discipline project teams offer the full range of comprehensive services necessary to successfully execute all aspects of power delivery, generation, commercial and industrial projects.
- Proven project management skills and tools are applied to all tasks to achieve budget and schedule commitments.
- Highly responsive, flexible and cost-effective total solutions consistently delivering results that exceed our customers' expectations.
RCMT Energy Services is seeking to hire a Projects Manager with experience in Process and Industrial projects and systems to join its team.
The successful candidate will be accountable for:
- Supporting the project team through the entire project life cycle, from initiation through project closeout, to ensure timely completion of the project deliverables within scope, schedule, budget and quality constraints. With individual Project Engineers, providing direct supervision to staff engaged in performing project functions.
- Developing the overall plan for managing, executing, and controlling the project that encompasses scope, schedule, cost, quality, risk, integration, procurement, project human resources, and communications with internal and external stakeholders. The Projects Manager reports to the Thermal Kinetics' division manager supporting overall resource planning and scheduling between multiple projects with competing needs..
- Defining the project work breakdown structure, schedule and budget, and reporting metrics appropriate for the project size, risk, complexity and contractual requirements.
- Working closely with Engineering, Design Department, Procurement and Equipment Suppliers during the project execution and closeout phases. The design group lead designer will coordinate drafting resources and task duration estimates with the Projects Manager to align project requirements with the design department activities and resources.
- Communicate with the project team on a day-to-day basis to drive production of deliverables and provide leadership to resolve issues and roadblocks impacting project progress.
- Ensure risks and issues are identified, documented, assessed for potential impact to the project, and tracked until resolution. Develop mitigation plans as required.
- Ensure the request for change order process is applied when issues that impact project scope, schedule or cost cannot be resolved, and to document customer approval.
- Monitor project status and execution to identify variances and take action to correct variances from plan.
- Lead meetings approve status reports, metrics, commercial correspondence, request for change orders, minutes of meetings, and other project management documentation, and ensure that the documents are maintained in the project files.
- Develop a solid understanding of the project goals, objectives, and contractual requirements, and maintain focus on those objectives.
- Ensure lessons learned are captured and documented throughout the project lifecycle.
- Participate in project management training, coaching, and mentoring as required.
- Communicate project performance status, risks and trends to the Sr Management.
Ensure that customer concurs with project completion and that the project is closed in accordance with the Thermal Kinetics QA program,
- Bachelor's Degree (BS or BE) in Engineering or Construction Management preferably including project management certification.
- Minimum of 5 years of Project Management experience is required
- Good understanding of fundamental project management concepts, methodology, procedures, tools, and templates.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, and adjust quickly to changing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to persist in driving issues and actions to closure.
- Good understanding of the processes and procedures to be used to execute the work.
- Must demonstrate ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, apply individual judgment, initiative and decision making.
- Shows strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills necessary to interact with clients, vendors and the public at large.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, work well under pressure, and respond rapidly to changing demands.
- Results oriented and takes ownership of assigned tasks, strong multi-tasker and team player.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software products
- Perform other related assignments as required.
- Must possess a valid driver's license to drive to client sites and between branch offices. Nationwide and International Travel may be required from time to time. Expected travel time is approximately 10-20% and can vary.
- Project Management experience in Process and Industrial
- PE License or FE/EIT Certificate and the willingness to obtain a PE
- Inter-disciplinary Engineering Experience is highly desired
- EPC Project Management experience and field support services experience
- US Citizen or the ability to work in the US without sponsorship
- Bachelor's in Engineering (Required)
- Must have taken Project Management training PMI or PMP Certification or have equivalent experience
- Professional Engineer designation is an asset.
- Driver's License (Required)