LEONARDO DRS ("DRS") is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, DRS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A, which employs more than 60,000 people worldwide. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at .
Overview of Electro Optical Infrared Systems
The Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) line of business within DRS has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. EOIS develops, manufactures, and supports infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world's brightest. Supporting the world's bravest.Location
Dallas, TexasJob Summary
DRS Infrared Sensors and Systems in Dallas, Texas specializes as a worldwide leader in thermal imagery and sensory solutions for commercial and military applications.
We are looking to add a new member to our Focal Plane Array team to help provide the vision and technical expertise necessary to drive our development activities needed to lead the industry in product capability and manufacturability. We are looking for someone who can develop and/or improve Wet-line processes relating to wet etches of materials on wafers, stripping photoresist from wafer surfaces, and wet cleaning wafer surfaces. This individual is someone who will consistently drive to push our processing technology and manufacrturability beyond its current capability.Job Responsibilities
- Provide the vision for the future of process development/improvement activities needed to lead in product capability and manufacturabiliy
- Sustain and improve current processes in the Wet-line area
- Develop new processes in the Wet-line area
- Consistently drive our processing technology beyond its current capabilities and robustness
- Lead and complete projects on schedule and budget
- Provide technical knowledge and assistance to other engineers and support personnel
- Mentor less experienced engineers
- Other duties as assigned
- Desire to win and ability to effectively integrate in with the team.
- Self motivated and focused on developing and successfully implementing the team's vision and goals.
- Strong knowledge base of processes used to wet etch materials on wafers, strip photoresist from surface of wafers, and wet clean wafers surfaces.
- Experience with a variety of wet etch and clean systems and processes.
- Experience with SSEC, Marangoni, Semitool equipment a plus.
- Experience with MEMS (Micro Electrical-Mechanical System) fabrication a plus.
- Experience with and understanding of the proper implementation and use of statistical process control techniques.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Organizational skills and the ability to document and communicate plans, experiments, progress, and results.
- Ability to write Operation Specifications for Equipment and Processes in a clear and concise manner.
- Education: Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related technical field or equivalent of education and experience
- Experience: 5+ years of experience with fluency with semiconductor processes and associated applications.
- Capable of lifting up to 25lbs, 20% of time
- Walking up to 25% of time
- Climbing up to 10% of time
- Sitting up to 75% of time
- Standing up to 10% of time
- Stooping up to 10% of time
- Travel up to 10% of time
Only candidates that meet the qualifications set forth above are eligible to be contacted for further information. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS