More information about this job: Overview:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Our Experience Design group is a newly-formed team of 20+ highly-experienced design professionals, spanning research, strategy, service, interaction, and interface design. We are working with our internal partners to transform business across the enterprise and are well on our way to becoming a more responsive, human-centric organization.
As a Senior Principal Experience Design Developer, you will:
- Lead our design front-end development practice as an individual, expert contributor, leveraging and scaling repeatable processes, ready-to-apply methods, and templates, with reliable timelines to improve effectiveness and reduce inefficiency
- Consult to and support the strategy and execution of all digital experience design
- Evaluate, share, aggregate, and operationalize fit-for-purpose best practices for human-centric front-end code
- Support, coach, mentor, and consult to portfolio-based design developers and technology partners
- Lead and manage our evolving design system and common component library through strong collaboration with other experience design and technology professionals
- Bring understanding and a clear articulation of our experience design language and patterns to the design system
Develop standards, documentation, and code-review practices to set the standard for styles, components, and accessibility best practices, working efficiently and consistently across platforms, applications, and prototypes
BS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Demonstrates extensive experience leading design development in a complex industry, establishing and evolving practices to support human-centric front-end code
- Able to lead, guide, motivate, and teach design developers in new approaches, workflows, tools, and practices in a continuous flow of learning and improvement
- Provides stewardship for an evolving design system and component library, including governance and guidance on how to best identify and propose new components for the system
- Demonstrates leadership abilities in an engineering environment, driving consensus-building, operational excellence, and best practices
- Provides strategy and approach techniques for the right methods at the right time, given priorities, team maturity, and overall opportunity for research to make an impact
- Collaborates with enterprise and solution architects to define platform standards
- Seen as a trusted advisor by business and technology partners
- Practices Servant Leadership and sets a strong example for the team and organization
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.