GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit .
As a Senior Project Manager of Logistics & Distribution, you must demonstrate strong attention to detail in order to oversee daily logistics operations of GRAIL's commercial and clinical trial product. In addition to having excellent organizational skills, you should also possess in-depth knowledge of logistics and building out and maintaining inventory systems. You are a collaborative teammate and demonstrate a strong track record of success in a cross-functional team environment guiding development of complex workflows and processes to meet business goals.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Partner with Procurement to identify and select carriers, negotiate contracts and rates while researching ideal domestic and international shipping techniques, routing, and carriers.
- Plan and monitor inbound domestic and international commercial product deliveries including kit shipments to customers and sample shipments to GRAIL
- Perform lane mapping to determine optimized shipping routes to GRAIL facilities
- Coordinate local courier, commercial courier, and airline transportation of specimens and optimize to meet GRAIL's operational and financial requirements
- Respond to any issues or complaints with carriers.
- Ensure all operations adhere to laws, guidelines, ISO, IATA, and DOT requirements.
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full commercial and clinical trial order lifecycle
- Prepare and publish forecasts for kit manufacturers
- Manage first article process with new suppliers and/or products as required
- Ensure couriers are arriving at pick up locations on-time. Act as escalation point and liaison between sites and vendors as needed
- Investigate sources of delay and track sources for KPIs with couriers
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
- Perform metrics reporting and data analysis tasks to identify issues and opportunities for process, financial and turn-around time improvements
- Ensure to track, measure, report and evaluate vendor performance.
- Create and manage budgets
- Develop sustaining long-standing relationships with company-approved vendors.
- Manage and maintain external vendor relations within the Biosample Operations Department.
- Perform as functional bridge amongst external vendors as well as internal partners
- Troubleshoot all vendor problems and present to management as required.
- Identify improvement areas internally as well as work closely with all internal partners to prepare solutions.
- Stimulate steady process improvement to present growing operational efficiency in entire business partner processes.
- Chair quarterly business reviews with kit and logistics partners to assess and address performance
Your education and qualification will include:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain, or relevant field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience working in commercial domestic and international logistics, warehouse, or transportation operations
- Certification in IATA, and CTL, CPIM, or CFPIM or similar. Certificate in CLTD desired.
- In-depth knowledge of the consumer goods industry
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving and organizational abilities.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven working experience as a Logistics Project Manager
- Record of successful distribution and logistics management
- Demonstrable ability to lead and manage projects
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently and balance multiple projects simultaneously
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
GRAIL, Inc. and its affiliates and subsidiaries ("GRAIL") does not accept any liability for fees for resumes from recruiters or employment agencies ("Agency"), without a binding, written recruitment agreement between GRAIL and Agency describing the services and specific job openings ("Agreement"). GRAIL may consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume and explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the Agency, unless an Agreement is in place. Any email or verbal contacts with any person within GRAIL is inadequate to create a binding agreement. Agencies without an Agreement are requested not to contact any hiring managers of GRAIL with recruiting inquiries or resumes. Agencies interested in partnering with GRAIL may contact GRAIL's HR Department through our Customer Service team .