Position/Job Title: Senior PM/Acquisition Advisor
Work Location: Washington, D.C. (Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling)
The Senior Program Manager/Acquisition Advisor will provide programmatic, execution, and administrative support on program management of military space system acquisitions to Government Program Directors and Mangers on an ACAT-II equivalent program. Types of tasks may include Earned Value Management assessments, funding/program control tasks, assisting in program management reviews (PMRs), Integrated Baseline Reviews (IBRs), risk management, reviewing contractor deliverables, and developing, reviewing, and coordinating acquisition documentation (SOWs, RFPs, tech evaluations). Additionally, the position requires the individual to perform budget analysis, develop POM inputs, and monitor financial execution of the program. This position will provide support to the organization's leadership in meetings with other organizations and industry and could require CONUS travel. The individual must be capable of developing briefings and reports accurately summarizing program performance or addressing key issues for senior USAF and OSD leadership, and other DoD offices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Not listed in order of importance; other duties may be assigned) and must be able to perform the following with minimal guidance:
- Support Government Program Managers (GPMs) in the identification and collection of Minimum Acquisition Requirements
- Coordinate and schedule pre-acquisition meetings, to include IPTs.
- Conduct market research and document findings
- Draft market surveys and analyze results
- Draft Competition in Contracting Act (CICA) justifications for other than full and open competition
- Write requirements documents to include Statements of Work (SOWs), Statements of Objectives (SOOs), Technical Task Orders (Completion and LOE), Labor Categories, and Performance Work Statements (PWS)
- Assist the Government in documenting source selection plans and proposal requirements including writing Source Selection Plans (SSPs), Proposal Preparation Instructions (PPIs) and Proposal Evaluation Criteria (PECs)
- Aid in analyzing and developing improved policies, plans, methods, procedures, and systems of acquisition management
- For Non-Major System Acquisitions and Non-Acquisition Category efforts of any value, assist the Government in setting acquisition strategies by recommending strategies that take into account the specific set of requirements, any schedule considerations, the current political climate, and relevant acquisition policies.
- Write Award Fee Plans documenting the Government's strategies to incentivize performance
- Assist the Government in providing oversight and compliance review of acquisition documentation at all levels of preparation
- Advise in the interpretation and tailoring of DOD acquisition regulations/memorandums to ensure affordable, supportable, and effective systems are delivered to the customer
- Provide assistance in acquisition process improvement initiatives
- Assist the Government in developing Major System Acquisition program documentation and preparing for Milestone Decisions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience/Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree HIGHLY desired
- An Acquisition Advisor with 15-20 years' specialty experience demonstrating mastery of defense program acquisitions. Special Access Program and national security space program experience highly desired
- Program Management Professional (PMP) certification and/or DAWIA Program Management Level III certification highly desired
- Knowledge of DoD operating principles and operations
- Knowledge of innovative technical approaches for rapid client delivery
- Ability to lead people, interface with senior leadership, and drive new business in the DoD market space
- Ability to apply technical innovation and unique acquisition approaches to solve challenging problems
- Experience in DoD source selection desired.
- Experience guiding Major System Acquisition programs through the acquisition life cycle including preparation for multiple Milestone Decisions (Milestone Decisions A, B, IOC and/or FOC) desired
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Capable of conveying complex information in a simplistic manner
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong self-starter requiring minimal supervision
- Able to take proactive measures to prevent problems rather than reactive by nature
- Strong verbal and written communication to effectively express concepts, plans, and proposals
- Proficient problem-solving skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Enjoys the challenges of dynamic research and development project
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have enough mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. May include lifting weigh up to thirty (30) pounds as necessary.
DoD active security clearance may be required. Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Headquartered in Hawaii, Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is a SBA Certified NHO 8(a) Small Business specializing in global information technology and offering professional solutions in IT Design & Installation, Cybersecurity Engineering & Support, Application Integration & Development, Software & Hardware Engineering, Network & Systems Management, Information Systems Security, and Business Management Services.
Leveraging over 30 years of providing IT services to the federal & commercial market with projects located around the world, our team possesses innovative expertise in the development of a wide range of technology solutions. Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Our service commitment is simple - "Quality IT Solutions... On Time & On Budget."
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs.
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.